sop for masters in biotechnology

jensy 2 / 5  
Here is my sop.Plz suggest some improvisations

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Since the days of my childhood, I had the fortune to live close to Nature, at least for a few months of the year, whenever I visited my native village. This interaction must have sown the seeds of my fascination for Biology. A love for Nature, naturally led to a curiosity about the workings of Nature.

A project for the science exhibition at my School, gave me a glimpse of the enthralling world of Science- the tissue culture of a carrot intrigued me- and that was the beginning of my dream to become a Bio technologist.

Since I was determined to achieve my dream career, I planned carefully; I chose Biology and Mathematics at my Higher Secondary Level, after clearing my Basic School level with 95% grades. Throughout my school days, I maintained outstanding academic records to realise my dream.

I had the good fortune to pursue my course for Bachelor degree in sBiotechnology at Centre for Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, an institution that happens to be the pioneer in molecular biology and bio technology research. The exposure that I have received here has strengthened my resolve to further explore the field of Bio technology.

The course is multi faceted in its content- Plant Breeding, plant and Animal Bio Technology, Environmental and Stress Bio Technology, Bio Prospecting, Tissue Culture and Transgenic Technology, Molecular Bio Technology, Industrial Bio Technology to just name a few. My deep rooted interest in this field has enabled me to obtain 87% marks till my last semester and I am sure that the final results will justify my interests and boost my confidence. Such a flexible course designing has made me confident to pursue a masters in any field of biotechnology since I have basic expertise in all these fields.

As part of our educational project, we had an interesting tour to visit some of the reputed national and international research institutes of India like ICRISAT(Indian council for Agricultural Research), CGIAR, ICGEB(International centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology), to name a few.

Our stay at an Indian village for nearly a month enabled me to have an idea about the impact of Bio technology on the common man and our utmost need to remember the human factor while exploring the fields of research.

My inspiration has been Anand Chakraborty; his work on superbugs has assured me that biotech is not just about research, it is something which strives to make the world a better place to live in.

My Biotechnology work Experience at Madurai Kamaraj University revolved round the "Analysis of aggregation propensity and intrinsic disorder of human proteome " which intensified my flair for research.

To explore the different areas of biotechnology, I choose my final year project in genetic engineering which corresponds to "Expression of Codon optimized synthetic cry2Ax gene in Rice by particle bombardment method"

My primary research interest is drug designing for cancer cure; I hope to find my particular focus with suitable guidance and after further studies. I plan to explore all facets of cancer research starting from understanding the molecular mechanisms, Bioprospecting for potential drugs, molecular modelling and drug designing till bio-pharming.

I am fully convinced that masters in a your university will instill in me the requisite knowledge about the molecular machineries of Cell, guide me in the right direction towards further research and help me realise my dreams about playing a key role in the eradication of Cancer in the near future.

I am sure that the academic environs of your esteemed university will be the ideal place to pursue my Post-graduate education. The more I come to know about the excellent academic profile of your University, the research facilities available there and the educational environment, the more I am eager to pursue my further studies there and build my career.

I am sure you will give me the opportunity to prove my worth and be a credit to your University.
car3n 3 / 6  

Since I was determined to achieve my dream career, I planned carefully; I chose Biology and Mathematics at my Higher Secondary Level, after clearing my Basic School level with 95% grades. Throughout my school days, I maintained outstanding academic records to realiz e my dream.

I had the good fortune to pursue my course for Bachelor degree in s Biotechnology at Centre for Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, an institution that happens to be the pioneer in molecular biology and bio technology research. The exposure that I have received here has strengthened my resolve to further explore the field of Bio technology.

The course is multi faceted in its content- Plant Breeding, plant and Animal Bio Technology, Environmental and Stress Bio Technology, Bio Prospecting, Tissue Culture and Transgenic Technology, Molecular Bio Technology, Industrial Bio Technology to just name a few. My deep rooted interest in this field has enabled me to obtain 87% marks till my last semester and I am sure that the final results will justify my interests and boost my confidence. Such a flexible course, designing has made me confident to pursue a masters in any field of biotechnology since I have basic expertise in all these fields.

My inspiration has been Anand Chakraborty; his work on superbugs has assured me that biotechnology is not just about research, it is something which strives to make the world a better place to live in.

I am fully convinced that masters in a your university will instill in me the requisite knowledge about the molecular machineries of Cell, guide me in the right direction towards further research and help me realiz e my dreams about playing a key role in the eradication of Cancer in the near future.

What I put in red is what I think you should do in the essay. It's just minor spelling and I think everything else is fine. Best of luck.
My primary research interest is drug designing for cancer cure

I think this sentence is important. Perhaps it should be closer to the start of your essay... in the intro paragraph. By teling your background, your love for nature, and your primary research interest, you let the reader know what you and this essay are all about.

Let the essay be about this drive to achieve something in this field... and perhaps you should mention recent advances that have been made in the field. Show the reader that you mean business, that you are on a mission to accomplish something meaningful.

You have done a great job with this, so my only advice is to sharpen the focus so that it is truly about your "purpose."

Also, don't capitalize "nature."
OP jensy 2 / 5  
Thanks both of you.It was really helpful.I will definitely do the changes.

Home / Graduate / sop for masters in biotechnology