SOP for Masters in Smart Grids and Building Technology - apply for French university

yakshkumar16 1 / 1  

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Applied for Masters in Smart grids and Building Technology

Observe, think and then learn, the very basic motto of my life, taught by my parents and teachers that has always been my driving force. As a kid, I had been watching my father doing things with computers and communication devices which inspired me to learn about the physics and the mathematics behind every natural phenomenon.

Working in Artillery wing in the Indian army my father posted to different regions in India. We used to move places through which I experienced different geographical region and diverse cultures at a very young age that helped me develop a sense of understanding and observation in my personality. Since my childhood, I was driven by the curiosity that led a small screwdriver to be my little friend. This led me to open every small and large household appliance, toys that my hands could handle, to understand their working mechanism, results of which would leave me in sudden shock. Even though some appliances never closed, I always found a new component and advanced machinery to open, observe, think, and learn. I felt first electrical shock at age of 12 while I was experimenting; inserting a copper wire into an electrical socket, it was painful but a lesson- metals are the good conductor of electricity. Curiosity to know every confronted thing developed a higher thinking level which leads me to know, ask, search, read to find my answers. In addition to this, my roots are from a rural background I witnessed people struggling with huge power cutoff and power shortage. Being a kid I always asked questions whenever there is a power cut. Why don't we have power for 24 hours? Why don't we have other sources of energy? That time I was immature to understand the intricacies of what is happening? I always kept on asking "WHY" and want to learn. This curiosity led to my interest in the aspects of Electrical Engineering. Back of my mind was always an engineer having queries and solutions popping out by myself. As I grew, I realized that I was still not been able to satiate myself. But it was very much clear what I have to do?

Being a studious student from kindergarten I received many academic scholarships from "Army Welfare Education Society" at the high school level for my excellent performance in academics. After completing the high school, I cleared State Engineering Entrance Exam (UPSEEE) and got myself enrolled into Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department of "Hindustan College of Science and Technology" affiliated to "Uttar Pradesh Technical University" where I successfully completed my Bachelors in Technology. There I learned answers to my queries. Having studied subjects like electrical circuit theory, power system and power electronics and the details about Power generation, transmission and distribution. Having studied about these various subjects drew my concern to do more in the field concerning the above-mentioned areas.

Along with the theoretical knowledge, I also gained practical knowledge in industrial training. In 3rd semester I did industrial training in "Marsons Electrical Ltd." A Transformer manufacturing company where I learned in-depth knowledge of transformer design, power transmission, switchgear and protection systems. In 6th semester I did Industrial training with "Indraprastha Gas Turbine Power Generation". Where I learned power generation through Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) an innovative power generation technology that combines modern coal gasification technology with both gas turbine and steam turbine power generation, an important emerging technology which has the potential to significantly improve the efficiencies and emissions of coal power plants. This leads me in the direction of Energy Efficiency through sustainable and renewable energy technologies. In my final year, I did my project on "MATLAB Simulation of Solar Wind Hybrid system". The objective of the project is to study the power-control strategies of a grid-connected hybrid generation system with versatile power transfer. I also studied the response and each module of a DC coupled solar/wind hybrid power system: the PV panels; permanent magnet synchronous generator wind turbine with full wave diode rectifier; DC-DC Boost converters; full-bridge DC-AC grid-tied inverter; line filter. The response was analyzed under different power input scenarios, based on the amount and quality of active power delivered to the grid.

To pursue my career in this direction, I worked in the energy efficiency project (National Street Light Development Program) on LED technology as Project Engineer for 1.1year where my major responsibility was planning and commissioning of LED on the street light network of south Delhi municipal region. Simultaneously for making a smart network I was also responsible for the Electrification, Installation, and Commissioning of the centralized controlled monitoring system

(CCMS) for smart operation and real-time monitoring of grouped LED. Then I joined "Sunfund Renewable" a startup on solar energy as Project Analyst to understand solar power plant concepts, design, financial Models and market demand.

In my early ages in the school, I joined "Bharat Scouts and Guides" as a young scout and participated up to state-level "Rajya Puruskar". It plays a vital role towards the development of my character and also developed the acquisition of competence, self-reliance, dependability, and capacities to co-operate and to lead. I learned how to engage in the development of society with harmony, peace, understanding, and co-operation for the integrity of the natural world. This contentment becomes stronger after joining "Greenpeace India": an International NGO, in 2015 as a volunteer and now act as activist motivates young volunteers on environmental issues and renewable energy. I participated in various campaign and awareness activities concerning on air pollution, deforestation, renewable energy, sustainability, biodiversity and organic farming. I was also the team member of "Solar Bus: a tourist bus modified into a 3kw solar system running all household appliances demonstrating application and benefits of clean energy to the people of the national capital region.

The world is progressing at an exponential rate and newer renewable and sustainable technologies are being developed day in and day out. France: the smallest emitter of carbon dioxide among the seven most industrialized countries in the world and world-leading country in nuclear energy with advanced research and development labs in various Institution helps me to gain experimental knowledge to understand the energy efficiency technology, their advanced application systems to learn energy efficiency technologies. Recently France sets renewable energy targets for 2023 which is also a step forward to harness maximum renewable energy potential and reduce fossil fuel dependency in energy generation by using sustainable energy systems that are utilized by the engineers of today and of the future. My undergraduate studies along with the 24 months of experience have made me realize that to cope up with this ever progressing world, now more than ever, that I need to expand my horizons and for that reason, I need a higher education.

After exploring all the feasible options I find that the prestigious university of yours is the best choice for me. The 2-year graduate program of masters in Smart Grids and building technology taught in your institute will provide me with extensive theoretical as well as experimental knowledge. The various subjects such as design and control of smart power system, modeling and control of electrical component-to-grid, sustainable energy conversion, Smart grid and other offered in this course will surely add on to my knowledge. Also, the close links of the university with industry and various research institutes available will also prove useful in acquainting myself with the international standards of the industry and develop my management skills. I strongly believe that I can match the high standards required to pursue this course in your esteemed university and contribute positively towards it. I would be grateful if I was accorded the opportunity to pursue my master's education in my desired course.

My purpose of life remains to be contributing significant changes & development in the energy sector and making it more sustainable and accessible for society; Engineering changes for Environmental conservation, social development, a big and lively way of living, and minimizing the cost of living, is what I keep as my Life's mission.
yaksh, this is definitely not a statement of purpose. This is an extensive and irrelevant statement of purpose. There are bits and pieces of information that you can use from this essay to create your proper statement of purpose. Concentrate on explaining how your college education helped to prepare and propel you to the successful career that you currently participate in. Make sure that your statement of purpose immediately indicates the actual purpose of your study from the very beginning. You can write the essay by saying something similar to:

I have been working in the field of xxx for the past xxx years. Throughout that time, I have been exposed to the development of this field and its problems such as xxx. In my area of expertise, the main problem I keep coming across is xxx. I want to develop a more permanent solution to this repetitive problem. That is why I am interested in the the masters course xxx.

As a college student, I majored in XXX at XXX University where I was recognized as a student who excelled in the subjects of xxx. I was also recognized during my internship at xxx before my graduation because of my ability to xxx. These were theoretical and practical skills I brought with me into the workforce.

I first worked at xxx in the position of xxx. This was the starting point of my career...

I have come to realize that my college education can only help me advance in the problem solving aspect of my career to a certain extent. My interest in the University of XXX is something that I hope can help me...

Using the above example for your paragraphical content, I hope you can create your own version of the revised and more content focused essay for your SOP.
OP yakshkumar16 1 / 1  
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

I have been working in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy for the past two and a half years. Throughout that time, I have been exposed to the development of this field and its problems such as growing demand for energy, regulation of greenhouse gases and grid failure and destabilization. I want to develop highly intelligent electricity and transmission network with the aid of renewable energy resources. That is why I am interested in smart grids and building technology.

Always fascinated by the natural science and the computers I outperformed in mathematics and computer science at high school. Then, I cleared state engineering entrance exam and enrolled into Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department of "Hindustan College of Science and Technology" affiliated to "Uttar Pradesh Technical University", where I completed my Bachelors in Technology. During 2012, North India faced a grid failure and more than 8 states had been in a blackout for more than 48 hours. Being a student of Electrical Engineering, I was anxious and started to find reasons and solutions to this problem. It drew my interest towards Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution. During my analysis, I found smart electrical networks and renewable energy are the pathways to eradicate such complex problems and I pledge to contribute in this direction.

To gain some practical experience. In the second year of bachelors, I did industrial training in "Marsons Electrical Ltd.", a Transformer manufacturing company where I gained the in-depth understanding of transformer design, power transmission, switchgear, and protection system. In the third year, I pursued Industrial training with "Indraprastha Gas Turbine Power Generation", where I learned power generation through Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) an innovative power generation technology that combines modern coal-gasification technology with both gas turbine and steam turbine power generation to optimize power plant efficiency. This leads me to explore the direction of energy efficiency technologies. In my 4th year of graduation, I successfully completed a project on "MATLAB Simulation of Solar Wind Hybrid system". The objective of this project was to study the power-control strategies of a grid-connected hybrid generation system with versatile power transfer. This deepened my interest in sustainable energy technologies.

India is the third largest Carbon emission economy, to pursue my career in this direction of renewable energy, I joined "GREENSO Solar Technologies", an engineering and procurement company to understand photovoltaic technology and its application. Later on, I got associated with the energy efficiency project (National Street Light Development Program) on LED technology as Project Engineer for more than a year. My major responsibility in the assignment was to plan and commission LED on the street light network of the National Capital Region of India. To shift towards a smart network I was assigned the responsibility of installation and commissioning of the centralized controlled monitoring system (CCMS) for smart operation and real-time monitoring of grouped LED. During this phase, I realized how we can integrate Electrical components with Information and Communication Technology to develop efficient and sustainable power system. To understand energy economics and market demand I joined "Sunfund Renewable", a startup in the solar energy sector as a Project Analyst. Working on a startup platform, I interacted with young and passionate entrepreneurs applying smart solutions using data analytics, cloud computing, and ICT to solve complicated problems. Interactions with them convinced me that specializing in smart grids and building technology will suit very well for me.

I am associated with "Greenpeace India", an International NGO, since 2015 as a volunteer. As part of this role, I participated in various campaign and awareness activities concerning on air pollution, deforestation, renewable energy, sustainability, biodiversity and organic farming. Now I play the role of an activist who guides young volunteers on environmental issues and renewable energy. I also played an important role as a team member of "Solar Bus Project- a tourist bus modified into a 3kw solar system running all household appliances demonstrating application and benefits of clean energy to the people of the national capital region of India.

My bachelor studies along with the 24 months of experience have made me realize that to cope up with this ever progressing world, now more than ever, I need to expand my horizons and for this reason, I need a higher education from an institute of repute that offers great research environment. After exploring all the feasible options I am sure that Grenoble Institute of Technology, the prestigious university is the best fit for me to pursue higher education. The 2-year Masters in Smart Grids and Building Technology taught in your institute will provide me with extensive theoretical as well as experimental knowledge regarding my area of interest. The various subjects such as design and control of smart power system, modeling and control of electrical component-to-grid, sustainable energy conversion, Smart grid and other offered in this course will surely add on to my knowledge and understanding of the subject. Also, the close links of the university with industry and various research institutes available shall prove useful in acquainting myself with the international standards of the industry and develop some management skills. I strongly believe that I can match the high standards required to pursue this course in your esteemed institution and contribute positively towards it. I would be grateful if I am accorded the opportunity to pursue my master's education in my desired course.

My purpose of life remains to be contributing towards significant changes & development in the energy sector and making it more sustainable and accessible for society. Engineering changes for Environmental conservation, social development, a big and lively way of living, and minimizing the cost of living, is what I keep as my Life's mission.

Home / Graduate / SOP for Masters in Smart Grids and Building Technology - apply for French university