SOP for MSc in Renewable energy to DEVELOP THAILAND

derndinn 1 / -  
Hello everybody. I would like to pursue master's degree in renewable energy ,but I do not have direct experience in energy. It is all my passion. I appreciate all suggestions. your feedback and review would be valuable improvement for me.

Developing Thailand in the Future

During my work, I went to many areas in the upper northeastern of Thailand. I faced that there are many industrials having high awareness of global warming. Reducing pollutions especially, agriculture industry gradually become a strong trend in Thailand. The government also invests in renewable energy enhancing the higher potential of research and development. Generating energy from solar, biomass and wind are currently applied in my country, but the efficiency maybe are limited by technology and experiences in renewable energy. Thailand is upper the equator which is the hottest country, especially the upper northeastern area, and the south area is surrounded by ocean. I realized that advance technologies of producing solar power, wind energy and biomass are crucial cores for clean energies in Thailand. The advance technology about energy storage and conversion also support efficient produce. Excluding my awareness of global warming, I have had a strong connection with nature. When I was young, surrounded by small green backyard. This is the origin of my strong inspiration.

First, inspired by invention and establishment from my father's garage I saw him fixing and producing quality machines, I have absorbed a strong connection so I destined to study Electrical Engineering at Khon Kaen university which is the first ten ranks university in Thailand. In order to build strong technical background, I took more concentration on the first year. In the beginning of second year, as a selected sub-leader in softball society, I was responsible for training softball for freshmen. I had sincerely afforded to keep balancing between both academic and activity experiences and obtained the reasonable GPA in this semester. Later the third year, I got an intern in Siam Michelin company which is the most well-known company, as a solving problem student in training program, I quickly boosted up my analytical skill to work in the role of real engineer. Producing the proper strategy to apply both short-term and long-term; quality management, academic knowledge and business are very crucial. My project was about adjustment of man power to control producing cost. Appling the principles of DORE' and QC7tools which is quality management could be gotten the proper solution. In the fourth year, I was a cooperation student working between Khon Kaen university and TOT company which provides telecommunication services and have the most covered infrastructure in Thailand. My project was about Development of Antenna to increase gain used in IEEE 802.11(WLAN) application. In order to build the model, I aggregated and consolidated Antenna theory, wireless communication, CST microwave simulation program, Network analyzer and also applied quality management and problem solving skill to get the antenna model that can produce signal strength more than 150 meters compared by default antenna that can be produce signal strength just 100 meters. These two projects that I perfectly completed fulfilled my intuition to work nicely in practice. I graduated with top 40% of students in the degree with strong valuable skills for studying and working.

Then after graduation, I decided to acquire the experiences in telecommunication field working in Internet triple Three broadband company(3BB) which is popular company services broadband internet. As a Planning and Network Engineer with two years' experiences, I responsible for creating and implementing strategies to keep the best key performance index of over seventy technicians and customer services in any conditions around seven provinces in the upper northeastern of Thailand. I learned professional technical skills and applied all of my previous skills receiving the best working. To construct the quality network, design physical infrastructure is also crucial. Establishing the optimize working zone for technicians provides higher efficient customer services. Analyzing correlated factors lead such satisfied solutions. From the specific strategy I applied for, we could reduce the fault rate 80 % within three months. All I had done, I realized that knowledge and critical thinking are also importance. Adjustment of fundamental lessons for technicians could be evaluated each person skill. I created short training course and resulted them. While I collaborated with team of dedicated minds, I obtained the way how to practically implement theorical concepts.

Furthermore, I concern that new invention about renewable energy can upgrade lagging of technology in Thailand, so I decided to apply for postgraduate program to broaden my knowledge and vision in this field in developed countries. I purpose this opportunity to comprehend and enhance my knowledge about renewable energy system, technology of renewable energy and renewable energy policies. The MSc program of Erasmus mundus in renewable energy is highly interdisciplinary in research and development on energy ctisis. Europe have a strong consideration in environment and advance technology. I point out my future to do research and development about renewable energy. After obtaining master degree I plan to work aboard for a couple years to boost my experiences up then coming back to my home country. I am going to run the renewable energy project that will upgrade Thailand. With my strong focus and passionate in long term to play key roles in environment improvement. I do aware about environment. The program will definitely support me succeed my goal.

Receiving the chance to have master degree from this scholarship, I am going to apply my strong academic background, skills, passionate, and also dedicate my lifetime to deal in developing Thailand in the future. I am sincerely confident that I have the qualifications matching requirements for this scholarship. As my personality, dedication, willingness, and full ambition will be the model for following generations.

Thank you for your comments.
Derndinn, since your purpose for applying to this masters course has to do with a career change, you will need to do a number of things in order to write a proper statement of purpose. The first, is you have to discuss what your current career / profession is. Describe how this job relates to renewable energy sources and the kind of exposure that you have had in the field, based upon your current job.

The thing is, you cannot discuss your degree in Electrical Engineering the way that you have now. The discussion of your degree needs to somehow show an interest in alternative energy sources in order to somehow, make a connection with your interest in Renewable Energy. This is best done, not by detailing the discussion of your previous degree and accomplishments, but rather, delivering information as to how the course you took in college helped to fuel your desire to help develop renewable energy resources in your country. Remember, you do not have any direct experience in this field, so the only way that you can successfully apply for admission is if you can somehow show a relationship between electrical engineering and renewable energy.

There is a part in your essay where you discuss about new inventions and renewable energy. As an Electrical Engineer, you are in a very good position to experiment and help to develop these alternative and renewable energy sources. Play up that angle by discussing some ideas that you have for renewable energy development in your country, While you may not have the experience related to the course, proving that you have the passion to help develop this field and that you somehow have a usable ability to do so in the future just might work to your benefit when it comes time to consider all aspects of your application for MSc admission.

Home / Graduate / SOP for MSc in Renewable energy to DEVELOP THAILAND