SOP for Ph.D program in the field of Chemical engineering

Inder 1 / 1  
Hello, I would like to have your precious views on my SOP and corrections, additions, comments etc are most welcome.
Thank you.

Starting for my childhood I was too inclined towards science and technology. Science projects, small crafts, working models were my fantasy. But; I was more influenced by Sir Isaac Newton, who has brought revolution in science. Thus I came to know what the difference between an individual and a crowd is, it's a manner we think.

Thus, in school my favourite subjects were science and maths. Application of logic and understanding the simple basic concepts made me more and more inclined to them. There it self I could project myself in future, I was aware I wanted to always learn and do research. Thus I put myself forward as scientist. I develop the backbone of innovation is question everything and believe on evidences. Thus my teachers used to see me as curious student, and would smile and answer my weird of weirdest doubts. And I am grateful to my teachers for patiently made me understand at the hardening of my foundation of science, especially to my Chemistry and Biology professors.

With aim of becoming national scientist I undertook engineering in chemistry. But soon came to realize the in depth essence of various discipline to science in day to day lives. I used to do after class research that is to expand the field of subject using other study materials such as books and internet. Application of mathematics in various core subject of engineering always made my scores high. I could learn how what and when the needs of man could be handle in scientific manner. It also explained me what is major concern of humankind. Energy crises and more focus on backward integration to opt for alternative energies which would be more and more sustainable, channelized my interest. Green energies and eco friendly technologies were my priorities. I have participated various national poster presentation regarding it, which also have good impact on me.

Being a technocrat I was assigned eco friendly based for surface coating application, as my Bachelor project. I was privileged to work under Dr. XXX who have revolutionized the surface technology, which emerged from oil technology in the university, almost single handed. I utilized the opportunity to modified alkyd resin to make it liquid vehicle for synthetic pants. Thus, discarded the used of carcinogenic and volatile solvent in conventional paints.

In my final talks with Dr. XXX, his words, "- imaging what is happening in reactor before actually going for it" made significant impact on my goals. I, all of sudden, developed keen interest in simulation and modelling. MMCAD subject as my major also made me understand that I have been missing something important. Thus, I had to generalize my technology to chemical engineering for my master program. I was lucky to work under Dr. VVV who happens to work in collaboration with research institute. I have been assign to work on hydrodynamics of Pulse sieve plate extraction column. I have been amazed because such a huge column of 12" diametric column has never been studied before. Moreover it is used for extraction of nuclear waste, which itself is very fascinating issue. And I could use computer simulation modelling to evaluate its hydrodynamics, such as back mixing phenomena. As I had to learn CFD from my own, I have been prepared enough to use it for any system.

While working with my guide we developed good repo with each other. I happen to be his assistance for assessing the environmental concert for a pharmaceutical industry at Ratlam, MP. I was overwhelmed with his trust in me. I could see industrial applications, which are real life practicability of our theory subjects with my own eyes. Thus I understood tune between theory and process.

Thus I have developed myself to work for benefit of mankind, by helping ourselves to seek green energies, more sustainable, clean and efficient in our day to day lives. As my major research in future, I would like to work in your university SSS, for excellent work atmosphere to carry such investigations. I hope I could make use of my abilities to carry out break through and make ourselves proud of each other. Hoping this I am seek chemical engineering as my major to fulfil my dreams in you university.
Starting from my childhood, I was toohave been inclined towards science and technology.

There it self I could project myself in future, I was aware I wanted to always learn and do research.

I realized the backbone of innovation is to question everything and believe on evidences.

With the aim of becoming national scientist I undertook engineering in chemistry, but soon came to realize the in depth essence of various disciplines to science in day to day lives.

I was privileged to work under Dr. XXX who has revolutionized the surface technology, which emerged from oil technology in the university, almost single handedly .

Moreover it is used for extraction of nuclear waste, which itself is a very fascinating issue.

I happen to be his assistant for assessing the environmental concert for a pharmaceutical industry at Ratlam, MP.

Thus, I have developed myself to work for the benefit of mankind, by helping ourselves to seek green energies, more sustainable, clean and efficient in our day to day lives.

:)
OP Inder 1 / 1  
Thank you very much for kind attention. I hope it would improve my SOP

Home / Graduate / SOP for Ph.D program in the field of Chemical engineering