special cirumstances, why mit and what i want to do??

arunesh 6 / 7  
It's just a rough draft, and i am yet to complete it. AM I GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION????

------------------------------------------------------Essay----------- -----------------------------
Suffering from Hyper Activity Disorder from early childhood, I had to struggle tremendously throughout my entire schooling period. I had to work twice as harder than others to keep up with courses and earn good grades. But I never cared about my grade, instead I paid maximum attention to my classes, and to the essence of it. I didn't care when I couldn't solve a problem right but I was worried sick when I couldn't understand the problem. I rarely memorized information but I made sure that I understood the fundamental concepts of the material. I never followed a safe path; instead I chose my own and left a trail for others. I created my own school course. I took many courses outside the school curriculum for no credit or grades. For instance, I took Smart Science classes in 8th grade which paved a better fundamental understanding of physics. In my 9th and 10th grade, I joined Synergic Academy at which I took Calculus, mechanics and physical chemistry. In 11th and 12th grade, I was a science major, but I took business, commerce and organic chemistry classes at my school's college. I did theoretical physics research, did salt analysis project, started clubs , organized community service events even though I didn't have to. I was both appreciated as well as rebuked by my teachers, but I never cared, as I am who I am. Although, I am open to new ideas and people, but I would never change myself to appease someone else. Gradually, I found my true love: NUCLEAR SCIENCE.

As I graduated from my first high school, I faced a huge obstacle: SOCIAL CUSTOMS. Ours is a small town, students usually graduated high school, and went to college which was heavily influenced by their parents'. After experiencing the same ordeal, I thought "There has to a first time for everything". I wasn't going to let others' destroy my dream. "If I don't, who will" were my last words to my parents as I decided to walk down a new path. I subsequently pursued Humanities, and took an independent study program, at the NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING.

I was dead set on attending MIT since 7th grade. I didn't select MIT for it's the best college in the world, but MIT has been just a -another me. After, reading a lot of MIT articles, students' blogs, I discovered that MIT is a place full of life and brimming with joy. Sure, there are geeks who are super genius in programming, Einstein's in physics but there are also people who struggled in high school, had fun, and are well rounded. MIT is a place where the students' study hard and play harder. Moreover, students' at MIT have a great sense of humor. My desire to attend MIT is because I want to challenge myself. I would love to have daily interactions with the best and the brightest students from all over the world.

MIT has all that I have ever wanted:
Nuclear science, plasma, fusion, particle physics, research labs, smart and hardworking classmates, best professors in the world, community service, freedom to do what I love, fun, social experiences.

MIT has received a "perfect 10!". I have bingo fuel, and ready to propel myself to the landing strip at MIT. I will learn and gain so much from the challenging MIT experience. I hope to immerse myself in MIT's innovative culture and take advantage of the UROP program.

What do I want to do at MIT??
averyk 2 / 6 1  
Check your grammar. You also have a lot of run-on sentences. Otherwise, you did a great job explaining why you want to attend MIT.
OP arunesh 6 / 7  
i didn't even finish writing. i have add what i want to do at mit. then i will do grammer checks and spell checks
esarcosmos 4 / 10  
hey you sound good but include only vital points, leave rest . Hope I helped. Hey. informally, you applying for MIT. me too contact me at chauhanbhimesh23(attherate)gmail.com...hopeful ly we will help each other!!!

Home / Graduate / special cirumstances, why mit and what i want to do??