A specific event which triggered my decision to become a Physical Therapist. PTCA - DOCTORATE IN PT

covenant1992 4 / 7 1  
Please describe the specific events and experiences that have influenced your decision to become a Physical Therapist. Why do you want to become a Physical Therapist?

VAGESPIEN, DUMI, JKJEREMY OR ANYONE ELSE I NEED A BLUNT PROOFREADING AS MY APPLICATION DEADLINE IS COMING

Growing up I wasn't always prone to having injuries because I always hated scars and we virtually had on physiotherapist on ground at all to help with rehabilitation. Also the fact that school wares were short sleeved so injuries were always visible and different speculations were always raised as to how one got scars. I haven't really had a chance to meet with a physical therapy because we never had one in high school. When we had injuries a bandage is dressed on and healing is left to nature.

I never really picked physical therapy as my first choice program of study even though I have worked for close to two years in hospitals and health care settings as a microbiologists carrying out various medical laboratory tests as a microbiologists but as long as I can remember I have always wanted to have hands on experience with patients in hospitals and being in a laboratory carrying out tests and not knowing who my results were going to or if the patient I carried out tests for survived really riled me. I always yearned for more whenever I was at work in the hospital. During my stay at the hospital I came across a man who had contemplated euthanasia at a certain point in his life when he couldn't bear his pains anymore because he visited a native doctor who caused an irrevocable damage to his leg after he had a stroke. He was made to wear shoes of various heights to balance his movement. I asked him during our conversation his reason for a change of mind on his contemplated euthanasia and he said it was his physical therapists abroad that stood by him during his trying times. He said he admired her dedication, discipline and patients towards a very irate person such as himself. I would believe that this was my first trigger into what my place in the hospital or healthcare environment is to be an aspiring physiotherapist.

Stemming from my physical therapy career is the strong desire to get the word out as to the importance of physiotherapy and to also ensure that with the vast numbers of clinical laboratory, hospitals around my country there should also be physiotherapy rehabilitation centers in every community because some people are taking the places of physical therapists due to their beliefs that they know about the bones and muscles alike and they cause a lot of complications that are sometimes irrevocable. Also, coming from a country were physical therapy is still evolving a lot has to be done to ensure that it grows to greater height given the fact that a lot of injured internally displaced persons are increasing in war torn areas with little or no care for them.

Despite the challenges I faced with the language barrier when giving therapy to internally displaced persons at Nigerian navy reference hospital where I carried my observation hours, I needed no translation to understand the compassion, care and patience given to every patient that entered the room. It gave me perfect examples of why I want to be a physical therapist, and the type I aspire to be one day.

This particular incidence reassured my desire to study physical therapy so as to also put an end to the menace caused by certain individuals who have no value for patient care.
- This is an unnecessary backstory as it doesn't really inform the admissions tutor why you would want to become a physical therapist. If anything this paragraph indicates why you would not want to become one. That is not the purpose of the essay and should not even be hinted at in the final version of this paper.

... health care settings as a microbiologists carrying out various medical laboratory tests as a microbiologists but .
HOWEVER, as long as I can remember...

...euthanasia at a certain point in his life when BECAUSE he couldn't bear his pains anymore because he visited SINCE a native doctor who caused an irrevocable IRREVERSIBLE damage to his leg after he had a stroke.

He was made to wear shoes of various heights to balance his movement
- (WAS THIS PRESCRIBED BY A PT? CLARIFY WHOSE MEDICAL ADVICE THIS WAS) .
I asked him during our conversation ABOUT his reason for a change of FOR CHANGING mind on REGARDING his contemplated euthanasia .
and he HE said it was BECAUSE OF his physical therapists abroad that WHO stood by him during his trying times.
He said he admired her dedication, discipline and patients PATIENCE towards a...
that this was my first trigger into what my place in the hospital or healthcare environment is to COULD be.
I BEGAN TO WONDER IF I COULD BECOME A an aspiring physiotherapist. AFTER ALL, THE JOB OFFERS THE SAME PATIENT INTERACTION AND CARE THAT I CRAVE FOR.

Stemming from my physical therapy career is the I HAVE A strong desire to get the word out as to the importance of physiotherapy ... hospitals around my country there should also be physiotherapy SERVICES SHOULD BE OFFERED AS A PART OF rehabilitation ...

because some people are taking the places of physical therapists due to their beliefs that they know about the bones and muscles alike and they cause a lot of complications that are sometimes irrevocable.

THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO EDUCATE PEOPLE AGAINST THE IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE THAT NATIVE DOCTORS CAN DO TO THEIR BONES AND MUSCLES. Also, coming from a country were physical therapy...

grows to greater heightS given the fact that a lot of injured...

This particular incidence INCIDENT reassured my desire...
so as to also put an end to the menace...
brayan1996 17 / 34 5  
I think you should try to make your body paragraph more concise and also consider including an introduction by separating part of the information you give in the second paragraph into a third paragraph above that on.
I hope you realize that by changing your whole essay, you also increased the amount of editing that you have to do on the paper. Here is the list of changes that you now have to apply.

My latent desire to get a wholesome view of BECOME INVOLVED IN physiotherapy has WAS been awaken lately on UPON seeing the recent influx of i...

Consequently AS A RESULT, I took up employment ...

I developed A special interest in geriatrics with A focus on stroke rehabilitation and osteoarthritis;
... I have worked for close to two years in hospitals and health care settings as a microbiologists.
carrying out various medical laboratory tests but as AS long as I can remember I have always wanted to have hands on experience...
He was made to HIS PYSICAL THERAPIST MADE HIM wear shoes of various heights to balance his movement .

... hospital where I carried ON WITH my observation hours,

Let's apply these changes for now and then work on further polishing the content. There might still be some portions we need to work on but we won't be able to tell until you apply these changes. Do not change the whole essay nor add content to it. Just apply these changes and we will assess it eligibility for use at that point. I repeat do not change or add to the essay.

Home / Graduate / A specific event which triggered my decision to become a Physical Therapist. PTCA - DOCTORATE IN PT