I started as Document Control Assistant ; Master of Accountancy

ebky2006 1 / 2  
My interest in finance and accounting has roots back in my youth. I have always been curious about by how well-structured finances bring progress to a family, company; or a country. I feel that now the time has come for me to fulfill my dream.

Despite my great interest in finance, I chose to obtain electrical engineering degree with the directions given by my parents. Although trained as an engineer, I started as Document Control Assistant for Program 12 Project at TCO (Chevron's subsidiary in Kazakhstan), and then moved to be Planning Engineer for different projects. As planning engineer I have been involved in engineering, procurement and construction aspects of the project. Also, I recognized the need to understand not only planning and scheduling, but the entire project management including cost control, risk management and project estimation.

After getting married and starting a family, I took responsibility to run household monthly payments for fixed and any additional expenses. Though my career was built in different direction, I realized that I still dream about my long-standing interest in finance and accounting. Some might say it is too late, as for me it is better late than never. With the drive, determination and discipline to work at my career, I am excited to pursue a Master's degree in Accountancy offered by UWF. In addition, my two personal characteristics: leadership and eagerness to learn are another reason for pursuing a degree. Through my remarkable work years, I have gained marvelous ability to employ best practice and set the goals and focus on the path to achieve them. My eagerness to learn is the quality I consider to be the basis of every other. I believe that education is power, because the more I know the farther I can go and the more I can succeed.

I am very passionate about acquiring a strong knowledge of accounting principles, auditing and taxation, and business applications necessary to reach my goal to become a successful accountant. I am eager to begin a new step of my life that starts with graduate program education. I believe that the business school team at UWF will provide me with the necessary knowledge to improve and develop my capabilities and will prove an importance to my future success.
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
Despite a couple minor usage errors and a handful of cliches (" different direction, "better late than never," etc.), the writing here is fairly strong.

However, I don't know whether you're addressing the prompt because you haven't identified it.

The most important job is to answer the question.
OP ebky2006 1 / 2  
jkjeremy
Thank you, I will work more on my essay.
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
You're welcome, but I fear I didn't help you much.

What I was asking for was the exact essay question you've been given to answer.

I will say this...

I am very passionate about acquiring a strong knowledge of accounting principles, auditing and taxation, and business applications necessary to reach my goal to become a successful accountant.

You need to tell me what makes accountancy interesting to you. What aspects of the profession suit your personality (or vice versa)?

I realize that your goal is to become an accountant, but...

--why accountancy?
--how do accountants improve society?
OP ebky2006 1 / 2  
I made some changes in my essay.
1. Why are you seeking a graduate degree?

Despite my great interest in finance, I chose to obtain electrical engineering degree with the directions given by my parents. Although majored in engineering, I started as Document Control Assistant for Program 12 Project at TCO (Chevron's subsidiary in Kazakhstan), and then moved to be Planning Engineer for different projects. As planning engineer I have been involved in engineering, procurement and construction aspects of the project. Also, I recognized the need to understand not only planning and scheduling, but the entire project management including cost control, risk management and project estimation.

After getting married and starting a family, I took responsibility to run household monthly payments for fixed and any additional expenses. I especially would like to emphasize the experience I had while we were building our new house. However, it took three years to complete the construction, but we managed to build the house solely based on our family income without a mortgage. Working on my family's budget has been an incredible experience, but long-term career goal is to broaden my knowledge to the world of accounting and finance.

With the drive, determination and discipline to work at my career, I am excited to pursue a Master's degree of Accountancy offered by UWF. In addition, my two personal characteristics: leadership and eagerness to learn are another reason for pursuing a degree. Through my remarkable work years, I have gained marvelous ability to employ best practice and set the goals and focus on the path to achieve them. My eagerness to learn is the quality I consider to be the basis of every other. I believe that education is power, because the more I know the farther I can go and the more I can succeed.

Home / Graduate / I started as Document Control Assistant ; Master of Accountancy