I just started my law school personal statment. is this a good start?

lawstudent323 1 / -  
I think our ability to change ourselves in order to adapt to a new environment is one of the most important skills that a person can have and I had to learn those skills very quickly since my life completely changed overnight. I was 14 years old when my family was forced to move to America and I had to change myself in order to live and succeed in this new country.

My father was fighting against privatizations of a research laboratory in Armenia -where he was the lead researcher. During that time people started to threaten my father that they were going to hurt him and our family and we decided to leave our country and seek asylum in America. The decision to move was made swiftly and I did not have time to really understand what this meant for me and my family. My parents and I left my little brother, who was 11 at the time, back home and started our life in America. The change was tremendous and all of us had a hard time adapting to the environment. None of us spoke English and that was the first obstacle I had to overcome in order to succeed in America.
smallick13 - / 26  
i like it but where is ur brother?
mle2010 7 / 38  
I think ourThe ability to change ourselvesone's self in order to adapt to a new environment is one of the most important skills that a person can have.and I had to learn thosethat skills very quickly sincewhen my life completely changed overnight. I wasAt 14 years old,when my family was forced to move to America and I had to change myself in order to live and succeed and survive in this new country.

Back in Armenia, my father was fightingfought against privatizations of a research laboratory in Armenia -where he was the lead researcher. During thatAt the time,people started to threaten my fatherMy father started receiving threats that theyWho's they? were going to hurt him and our family and we decided to leave our country and seek asylum in America. The decision to move was made swiftly and I did not havethere was no time to really understand what this meant for me and my family. My parents and I left my little brother, who was 11 at the time, back home and started our life in America WHY?? . The change was tremendous and all of us had a hard time adaptingadjusting to the new environment. None of us spoke English and that was the first obstacle I had to overcome in order to succeed in America. elaborate more on this.

You might want to elaborate more on the struggle to learn English, and also maybe one more sentence on what your father was fighting against back in Armenia, it sounds vague right now. Good job on this start though!

Home / Graduate / I just started my law school personal statment. is this a good start?