Statement of purpose - I'm applying for master's in health informatics.

Moss95 1 / 1  
Please, help me go through it and revert.. thanks in advance.

Statement of purpose

Few years ago, been a student pharmacist undergoing a mandatory clinical clerkship in my university clinic, I realised that most patient's paper record gets damaged and some missing with no means of data retrieval. Adversely, I see how this problem cause health practitioners to make lot of medication errors due to lack of data & technical support. I further discovered, majority of health sector in Nigeria are faced with same issue. So, I thought to myself " if only health prqctitiomers in Nigeria would totally embrace technology side in healthcare, there will definitely be a drastic improvement in health delivery. This thought ignited me to develop more interest in the impact of technology on health care delivery. My goal is to start a new career in my country as a health informatics specialist or clinical informatics analyst.

The root of my interest in the field of information technology digs down to my undergraduate years when I offered computer studies( theory and practical) & computer applications to pharmacy as part of pharmacy school curriculum, and my interest in theses courses reflected in my grades. However, I worked on thesis that spammed for few months which requires lot of data collection, data analysis, it gaves me good critical and analytical skills through repeated analyses, discussion & practice. I was supervised and I had excellent grade at the end. Although, my academic record in my first year was poor due to health challenges i encountered during the examination periods.

In 2019, I joined ******* Ltd(A retail Pharmacy)working as a Pharmacy manager, I assisted in improving patient care, business outcomes, inventory management by intiating, implementation, education and deployment of medication related technologies like use of electronic data support for safe and effective medication use, bar code technology during product dispensing, computerised prescriber entry order which aided in reduction of medication error, and improved work flow and patient satisfaction.

Later, joined ******(((The largest chain Pharmacy in Nigeria) which generates lots of data than my previous job, requires demands for advanced storage tools, I observed that how data generated in the company was not properly utilized for adequate decision making. i fancy the opportunity to position myself to solve this problem by acquiring the skills needed to interpret data collected and provide insights that address the healthcare industry's complex and constantly evolving challenges.

The Msc healthcare informatics with concentration in health analytics at ****** will help me prepare for the role of health informatics specialist or clinical informatic analyst, a sufficient understanding of the courseworks will help me use cutting-edge methods such as predictive modeling and advanced data mining to develop deeper insights and more effective long-term strategies. I will graduate better prepared for the realities of a varied, complex job market.
The piust paragraph gives a clear motivational basis for the choice of master's course. Though not grammatically perfect, the paragraph gets its message across. This actually the main issue throughout the presentation. Incorrect spelling and grammar issues abound. These affect the professional aspect of the presentation. It brings into question the ability of the student to with academic papers. Do not forget to have your paper professionally edited once you have finalized the content to clean up grammar problems.

It is not necessary to indicate any grade problems in the presentation unless specified. That does not have any bearing on the final outcome of your undergraduate course in relation to your masters qualifications. Instead, highlight the accomplishments and recognition of your thesis instead as that will highlight your advanced studies skills.
OP Moss95 1 / 1  
Thanks for your feedback.. I really appreciate. I will look into your advice. Though, I will need your help, you can highlight the context that needs adjustment..thanks in advance.

Home / Graduate / Statement of purpose - I'm applying for master's in health informatics.