Personal statement to Brunel University. Engineering's resources and programs fit to my career goals

Nimo234 1 / 2  
I am suffering to write a personal statement, please help me here and thank you.

strong foundation for construction managemen

t

One moment when it was my first grade in high school, the infrastructure projects start in the city I was amazed by the work procedure and how the machines start to dig in, my interest went deeper toward construction industry I stayed in hours construction steps and how the engineers instruct the construction workers I even tracked the various construction around in neighborhood, sewage pipes installation, roads construction and other plenty projects, after the completion of each project I watched the joy in my community and sensed the total relief after, that moment I decided to set my goal career to be in the construction management and planning sector.

During high school summer vacations I started to work as photocopiers in engineering consultants office to learn the backstage process of the projects, supervising, designing and negotiations then I started my bachelor degree in civil engineering to learn more about designing, surveying, management soil mechanics hydraulic engineering etc.

My skills developed after graduation when I worked as a civil engineer, been under pressure taught me how to be develop multi-tasking, problem-solving, critical thinking and teamwork skills, also learned some leadership skills when I worked as Teaching Assistant at <name>University.

Within this MSC course at Brunel University, my interest mainly lies in building a strong foundation for construction management by studying courses like " Quality Management and Reliability", and " Infrastructure Management". I am also particularly interested in understanding "Financial Management Risk and Financial Management", where I will get to learn about the core financial topics such as Capital Structure, Financial Instruments and Portfolio theories. One of the most interesting things in the MSC program is studying the "International Risk Management". Identifying and analyzing risks in a project is essential for the success of any project, and I will gain a lot by learning about the latest tools and theories.

There are several goals that I hope to achieve upon successfully completing my M.Sc. to help in the rehabilitation program of rebuilding the infrastructures and repair damaged building after this crisis in my country, this course not only will develop a refined set of personal, academic and professional goals, but it will help me to print my name globally in the Construction business through research for new construction technologies and become international professional expertise, I know my goals are high but it's my dream and I am passionate to achieve it.

I am extremely excited about the opportunity to pursue my master degree at the Brunel University in particular. The Faculty of Engineering's specific resources and programs fit perfectly with what I hope to get out of and the work of several faculty members resonates deeply with my own personal interests and career goals, and campus life activities, societies and fed in projects. I would be humbled and thrilled to work with not only the school's prestigious faculty but also its diverse student body.
pier 11 / 37 9  
Nimo, your writing is odd. The purpose of each paragraph is understandable as a whole but I find it unnatural at the sentence level. My suggestion is to revise your sentences, completely. For example, in the first paragraph:

One moment .... start to dig in,-> When I was a junior in high school, an infrastructure project started in my home city. I was amazed by project development and digging procedure....
OP Nimo234 1 / 2  
@pier
Thank you alot .... that's what I'm looking for
ALameen, since this is a personal statement, you need to target a specific set of information to present to the reviewer. You have a good start because you truly showed the foundational development of your interest in construction management. However, the part about your interest in the specific courses offered by the MS course is best discussed in the statement of purpose because those are the reasons that you opted to study this particular masters degree. What you should be discussing in the personal statement are the reasons why you chose to enroll in this specific university. Show the reviewer that you considered other universities but, based upon your specific requirements, you opted to seek admission to this university instead. The goals discussion should also be part of the SOP. That means, there are 2 parts that you have to remove from this current version for replacement with your discussion of university choice criteria instead. That makes it a true personal statement and not a combination personal statement and statement of purpose.
OP Nimo234 1 / 2  
ok, now it's clear to me...thanks

Home / Graduate / Personal statement to Brunel University. Engineering's resources and programs fit to my career goals