Statement of Purpose for Building Science and Technology Master.

Irina 1 / 1  
Please read and correct/suggest. This is what info the university provides on their website:

To apply for Master Building Science and Technology, you need...

... a degree from one of the following accredited national or international degree-granting programs (Bachelor, Master or Diploma): architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, and cognitive sciences.

... sufficient grasp of the English language

How do I apply for Master Building Science and Technology
Fill in the application form, which is available on the Links/Contacts page
Attach the required documents, students from outside the EU usually have to legalize their documents. Include a short statement of purpose.
Send it to the address stated on the application form
Within four to six weeks you will receive a letter of acceptance

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Ciocan Irina
July 2010

Being brought up by parents who always encouraged me to utilize to the fullest my inherent gifts, six years ago I decided to dedicate my life, in terms of academics and professional experience, to the study of architecture. During my undergraduate years at the Faculty of Architecture from the "Gheorghe Asachi" University of Iasi, Romania, I had the opportunuty to approach a wide variety of subjects in the field of architecture, undergoing classes from Architectural Graphics and Theory of Architecture to Urban Planning, Building Structures, Computer Aided Design and Ecological Architecture.

The knowledge gained adding to the fact that I grew up in a developing country such as Romania, has made me conscious of the importance of high-performance and sustainable buildings. I would grealty appreciate the opportunity to attend the courses included in the Building Performance Module, such as Visual and Acoustical Building Performance, Thermal Building Performance and Energy and Buildings. Along with the Research Design and Methods Tools and Media and the Dinamic Simulation and Vizualization course, these are only a few of the subjects that I find not only interesting, but also of incomensurable value to the upcoming career of an determined young architect who is environment-consicous and wishes to design energy-efficient buildings, such as myself.

The primary reason why I wish to pursue the Building Science and Technology Master is that for me it would make the ideal balance between passion and work, allowing me to upgrade my knowledge and skills in my areas of interest. As I evolve as a student of architecture I feel the need to know more. The six-year general study of architecture will form a basis for the concrete and practical study of designing buildings that respond to today's needs.

I strongly believe that, should I be given the opportunity to be a part of the Building Science and Technology collective and interact with distinguished proffesionals, I can put my skills to use and bring my contribution to the great reputation of your University. During my six-year study I always managed to attain results that have placed me on top of my class. I was kindly rewarded by BRD-Groupe Societe Generale with the "Excellence Award for Outstanding Academic Performance" and I graduated as Head of Promotion. Out of passion for architecture I enjoyed taking part in organizing the Architecture Festival ARKA in Iasi and other collateral activities engaged by ASAI - Architecture Students Asociation Iasi as well as participating at workshops and architectural competitions.

My goal is to expand my horizons, pursue international education, gain knowledge, experience and better prospects for my career. I thank you for your time and consideration and look forward to becoming a strong addition to your University.
viku88 1 / 6  
hi Irina

the essay is good but you can try and explain as to why u chose a career in architecture and not any other field.

i also feel that you should not mix up points of why you chose the course at the university and your achievements in the same paragraph.

you could state all your achievements in one para while the next could have reasons for why you wish to enroll in the particular course and university...

regards

Vikash
OP Irina 1 / 1  
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, Vikash! It came in right on time and it is very helpful.

Best regards,

Irina
angelalouisexx 1 / 2  
your essay is very good but to improve it you could not mix the points in your essay up and my personal opinion is that you should your conclusion longer.

angela

Home / Graduate / Statement of Purpose for Building Science and Technology Master.