STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING IN UK

luneydia 1 / 1  

SOP for Master program in the uk

This SOP is for applying to a British University's Master program of Communication Engineering. I'm not good at writing essays because English is not my native language. Hope you can spend some time on my SOP and give me some advice on its grammar and coherence.

I don't know a lot about British universities, but I think about 400 words are enough for a SOP? Or should I write a longer one?

Thank you so much!

Communication has always enthused me since I was a child. I was exposed to a lot of knowledge of engineering industries such as railway, bridge and building construction because my father and grandpa were engineers. As I grew older, I realized that communication was the ideal career in line with all my life pursuit. Currently, with my undergraduate study approaching the end, I would like to apply for further study in your communication program to enrich my knowledge base and to prepare myself for a successful career.

I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of modules included in my studies, such as advanced mathematics calculus, linear algebra, probability theory, physics, electrotechnics, computer foundation and programming courses, which were all related to communication engineering. In particular, in the course of Environment Physics Pollution Control, I acquired a lot of knowledge of acoustics; for other courses, thanks to my unremitting efforts, I obtained an average score of 82.3%. At the same time, as a self-motivated student, I also studied on my own CAD and programming. Through these courses, I not only laid a foundation for the future study of engineering but also learned about the application of communication technology in the field of multimedia and internet as well as the development of broadband technology and acoustooptic communication. I reckon I have the basic ability to study communication engineering.

Besides, I also cultivated my corporation ability which was indispensable to learn communication engineering. In each group assignment, I always actively exchanged my ideas with the group members and helped others complete their tasks. Therefore, my group was given high scores every time.

Apart from the academic study, I kept improving my language competency. Doing a mass of practices, my score of English courses ranked the top one all the time and thus I passed College English Test Bands 4 and 6 with the results ranking the top five in at the university. Moreover, I also participated in various English competitions and got excellent prizes.

Through the postgraduate study at your university, I will acquire the most advanced theories of communication engineering. Nowadays, 5G has just started and there are a lot of areas awaiting exploration so communication engineering has a bright prospect. I believe that with such an excellent educational background, I will be able to become a successful communication engineer.

My choices of university reflect my ambitions and I look forward to meeting the challenge of university life head-on. I keenly await the transition to university and I am excited about studying mathematics at a higher level.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
.

Hello there dear! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find this feedback beneficial for your writing endeavors in the long-run. If you do, you can always come back to us.

Firstly, typically universities have their own guidelines regarding their own SOPs. If they have not provided guidelines, it can be presumed that there's no limit. Hereafter, you can focus more on curating substantial information to ensure that you are maximizing the space you have in your essay.

I would highly recommend for you to simplify your texts throughout. It would be nice if you could make more concise sentences in order to ensure that you are relaying information effectively. For instance, while your second paragraph was packed with clusters of information, I suggest trying to create smaller chunks and structures. If you do this, you'll be more understandable to the readers.

Best of luck as always.
OP luneydia 1 / 1  
@Maria Thank you so much! I'll try to omit some unnecessary information and add more essential materials.

Home / Graduate / STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING IN UK