Statement of purpose for electrical and electronics masters at EPFL

sdjfhjh23r 1 / -  
Hi! I've created a draft of what i would like to say in my statement of purpose but I need advice, specifically for the career plan part as I have never had to write about it before

The guidelines given by the EPFL are the following:

"The statement of purpose should not exceed 1000 words. You are required to describe your academic background and your career strategy. Please be precise about the objectives you wish to reach through your studies at EPFL."

I made the paragraphs short as it makes it a bit easier to read. I am still missing the "outro" part so bear that in mind.

the deadline is approaching soon so hopefully i will get some feedback and criticism soon. Thanks!

Having just graduated from the University XXXX, where I obtained a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Systems Engineering, I would like to further develop my expertise and knowledge in the field of electronics.

Most of what I was taught during my studies at the University of XXXXX, as well as my personal interests, have allowed to acquire a good foundation in all that has to do with electronics and systems engineering.

I have a deep understanding and interest in the area, both of which come by the undertaking of analogue electronics, signal processing and the optional module of computer architecture, where I have established the bases of electronics and covered topics such as linear devices and signal conversion, as well as processor microarchitecture and the principles underlying the generation of signals.

Furthermore, I have taken part in several investigation group and individual projects, performing extensive lab work across different topics, as well as completing my final year project.

Taking part in a computer architecture design assignment I designed a circuit that would recreate a parking barrier, creating microcontroller programs in C beyond single iteration loops, using interrupts and timers and communicating with external peripherals. Further understanding and conceptualizing the microcontroller programming and computer architecture design concepts taught in the lectures

In my undertaking of signal processing laboratories, I have established the bases to signal modelling, filters and processes and have used mathematics to analyse deterministic and random signals. Performing multiple experiments such as simulating impact of signal reactions on a cloudy day and simulating sensor mal functions I have learnt to extract information and perform tasks such as wireless propagation testing, measuring the impact of signal reflections and determining the probability distribution of sensor noise.

In my final year project, I performed an analysis on the biomechanics of athletes. Programming through MATLAB I carried out data analysis of large data basis, automating the process of obtaining results, calculating error margins and plotting result graphs. Using critical analysis of scientific literature, scientific judgement and pattern investigation to obtain conclusive results.

I now work as a system engineer at COMPANY, the world leader FIELD. In this role, I've had the chance to be the engineer in charge of executing large-scale projects such as offices, hotels and arenas. This has involved completing detailed documentation, building mock-ups to test interoperability and monitoring performance of the control system. Through these projects, I've expanded my knowledge on networks and wireless circuits, coding the routers and switches that supports the system.

I strongly believe that my academic and professional experience have given me the tools and skills that I need to progress into a masters, and I believe that EPFL's program will equip me with the necessary skills and expertise fulfil my career expectation/goals/plan.

I am committed to pursuing a career as a research engineer in space technologies, I'm particularly interest by on board-control, data and signal processing systems for spacecrafts. The thought of designing, developing and testing high reliability devices and equipment for use in space exploration excites me. I believe the specializations and minors offered in your curriculum align perfectly with my professional goals.

I plan on pursuing the space technologies minor, which will enable me to develop my technical expertise and deepen my knowledge of space technologies and its applications. As an admirer of "PROFESSOR AT EPFL" achievements, I would be over the moon about taking his space and mission design and operation class as well as partaking in the concurrent engineer challenge as a follow up.

I am passionate about working in an interdisciplinary environment where I can learn from and collaborate with professionals from different fields which is why I find the thought of taking astrophysics and mechanical engineering classes extremely exciting. Having a broad perspective and understanding of other scientific disciplines will enable me to successfully contribute to the innovations space technologies industry.

Likewise, I'm interested by the microelectronics specialization, I think that participating in the EPFL Spacecraft team, particularly the On-Board-Computer section will be an excellent way to get hands-on experience and build a well-rounded foundation in microelectronics.

I hope the diversity of opportunities offered at EPFL will provide me with the technical expertise and practical experience required to secure a traineeship at the European Space Agency (ESA). I believe this will be the perfect way to jumpstart my career and contribute to the cutting-edge research and innovation happening in the space sector.

Being aware of the quality of the faculty at EPFL, I believe seeking out opportunities and connections within the university will help me find the right job and focus as well as advance my career.

I am a well-rounded and dynamic individual with a wide range of interests and experiences and I have been fortunate to be surrounded by people from diverse backgrounds. In addition to my academic success, I am proud of my personal achievements and the unique experiences that I bring to my work and relationships.
The first seven paragraphs should not exist in its current form. It comprises more than 75% of the essay which should be more focused on the career strategy. The writer should indicate a clear career goal or end result at the start, focusing on only one goal rather than several. Use the most achievable goal for this essay. Do not overcomplicate things.

Open the essay with a career goal discussion. Follow that up with the objectives you wish to reach through your studies at EPFL. From there you may discuss your career strategy in relation to your academic background. Create an equal and relevant discussion presentation using the aforementioned approach. Try to achieve a blended discussion statement.

Home / Graduate / Statement of purpose for electrical and electronics masters at EPFL