Statement of Interest for MSc in Mechanical Engineering

akinola 1 / -  
I am required to send a statement of interest for admissions into MSc(thesis) in mechanical engineering. I have tried to compose the below essay but I do not feel satisfied with it. Please I need the help of you guys regarding what I have written, I am running out of time. I would appreciate any assistance/suggestions.

Thank you.

In the words of Adlai E. Stevenson .Jr-"If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is not a barking dog, to be tethered on a ten-foot chain". Growing up in a modest family of four was somewhat challenging, my parents had to engage in lots of activities to provide for the family. I had been motivated to succeed academically ever since my mother used to run a restaurant and my father a civil servant at the education ministry.

...
a9961m 1 / 9  
I've made several changes; please take a look and see if they're appropriate. Hope this helps!

In the words of Adlai E. Stevenson II,.Jr-"If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is not a barking dog, to be tethered on a ten-foot chain. ". Growing up in a modest family of four was somewhat challenging, m : M y parents had to engage in lots of activities to provide for the family. I had been motivated to succeed academically ever since my mother used to run ran a restaurant and my father served in the Federal Ministry of Educationa civil servant at the education ministry. Myself and m M y siblings and I assisted our parents in running the restaurant. It was not easy though, but we had to help out, so as to increase the family's earnings. In high school I had strong likeness a passion for mathematics, physics and technical drawing, and when I was about to decide deliberating on my future career, I opted for a mechanical engineering degree at Lagos State University, Nigeria.

Studying mechanical engineering at the undergraduate level exposed me to in- depth engineering principles and its their applications. My forte is in the areas of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics. I was opportuned took an opportunity to undergo a six month internship intern at a manufacturing company in Nigeria and these for six months. This allowed me to put some of my engineering lessons to practice .also I did a project worked on "the design, construction and performance evaluation of a land tilling power cultivator for use in small scale farming" during in my final year. In During this period, I was appointed the chairman of the advisory council of the Mechanical Engineering Students' Association and worked together with other members of the council and executives to run the association effectively. On Upon graduating from the university in April 2007, I joined a computer programming company as a trainee software developer and Linux/Unix operating systems administrator. I was trained for a year on computer programming with Java, C/C++ and the Linux/Unix O o perating systems administrations. I decided to take the this opportunity because of my plans to pursue a graduate degree program in the future and the importance of programming in scientific research. Recently, I have in recent time attended training courses and workshops in plant designs PDMS(Plant Design Management Systems), stress analysis softwarein Caesar II(Ceasar II) and MATLAB so as to foster my scientific and technical skills scientifically and technically.

After my undergraduate degree, I participated in a one-year National Youth Service Corps program in Yobe state, in the North Eastern part of northeastern Nigeria.The program is a compulsory scheme It was compulsory for all Nigerian graduates during this period, . I served as a metal work metalworking instructor in a vocational training center and I organize organized community development services , involvingwhich involves tutorial sclasses, and educational counseling to the village pupils with some of colleagues regularly.

I am confident that I have gained enough knowledge both in and outside the classroom required for graduate studies, and I intend to pursue my master' s degree program in mechanical engineering at your institution witha focus in Thermo-Fluid Sciences .. My research interests in this area are Computational Fluid Dynamics modeling computational fluid dynamics , convective heat transfer and E e nergy conversions.

After completing my master' s degree in these areas or related ones, I intend to pursue my PhD immediately, and afterwards start an active research and teaching career, impacting applying my knowledge for the benefit of humanity. The University of Manitoba is obviously an ivory tower for learning and re search, with the state- of- the- art facilities and highly respected academic tutors ,that the school has, Its that I would receive all necess ary things for actualizing my goals. I am confidentthat, if given a chance to pursue a graduatedegree in my choosen field at m M anitoba, Iwillpositively impact positively to the institution as much as myself.

Good luck!
Dulie - / 2  
I have few tips to give you. Google what are the main point that a statement of purpose should have...
Statement of purpose is not an essay on you CV. It should include your research interests ambition, your capabilities to achieve goals and what will you do after achieving these goals...

Give your experience as your achievements...
Person who is reading this has never seen you. You should give him/her the feeling that you are capable of doing a great research...

best of luck

Home / Graduate / Statement of Interest for MSc in Mechanical Engineering