Statement of Purpose -Master Buildings Science and Technology

AdrianaK 1 / 1  
I'm applying for a Master at Vienna University.This is my SoP.
Please read it and give me some feedback! I would really appreciate it.Thank you!

Statement of Purpose
Kadhim-Abid Adriana
July 2010
''There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed.'' ~ M. Gandhi
Sustainable design is a label that has been assigned for many different reasons to many kind of buildings.
I consider it is our responsibility as designer of the future to create a thoughtful integration of architecture with electrical, mechanical, and structural engineering in order to design and build in harmony with our environment.

I discovered my appetite for ecological architecture and sustainable design in my early years of college by participating in various local and national architecture competitions promoting sustainable architecture, such as ISOVER Annual Competition, ARTiculation, Orizont.

In my last years of college I co-founded a student association, ASAI - Architecture Students Association Iasi, promoting environmentally conscious design techniques in the field of architecture by means of workshops and contests among my fellow students. The most relevant is ARKA, an annual Festival for architects and future architects.

Having taken both civil engineering and architecture courses I got to understand all the factors and decisions that are involved in the complex process of a project, from concept to completion. It helped me gain a judicious way of thinking about issues regarding urban structures, details of execution, sustainable architecture and demands for value-preserving, resource-friendly approach to materials and construction.

I am applying to the Master of Building Science and Technology because I consider it to be the perfect combination between architecture and civil engineering with a strong ecological component. Also, I strongly believe that studying and working alongside the professionals at Vienna University on courses like ''Energy and Building'', ''Thermal Building Performance'' and ''Design computing'' will establish a foundation for achieving my goals as an ecology architect.

I feel the help and guidance that can be provided to me by the distinguished faculty of your university will be invaluable. I am sure if I am given the opportunity to study at your university it will provide a gate way for pursuing a career in research and development focused on sustainable design.

Kadhim-Abid Adriana
Zeinab1383 5 / 43  
Hi! I hope the following corrections be useful

I consider it is our responsibility as designer of the future to create a thoughtful integration of architecture with electrical

I consider as designers of the future, it is our responsibility to creat a thoughtful integretion..

architecture competitions promoting sustainable architecture, such as ISOVER Annual Competition

The most relevant is ARKA, an annual Festival for architects and future architects.

I didn't understand your sentence. the most relevent what?

I got to understand all the factors and decisions that are involved in the complex process of a project, from concept to completion

I gained perspective on all factors invloving in ....

It helped me to gain a

because I consider it to be theis the perfect combination betweenof architecture and civil engineering with a strong ecological component.

will establish a foundation for achievingto achieve my goals as an ecology architect.

I feel the help and guidance that can be provided to me by the distinguished faculty of your university will be invaluable.

I believe that distinguished faculty of your university will provide me with unique and invaluable help and guidance to achieve my aspirations.
OP AdrianaK 1 / 1  
Thank you so much,Zeinab1383!
This is great.. the writing and ideas are all excellent, and it was enjoyable to read.

Tighten it up:
You begin with a quote about need and greed. In your essay, discuss sustainable development as the action to take against greed. Greed depletes resources, but sustainable development is like a practice of renunciation. Renounce the restlessness and greed that compel people to be irresponsible toward the environment.

:-)

Home / Graduate / Statement of Purpose -Master Buildings Science and Technology