Statement of Purpose for Masters in Life Science KFUPM

kingzoly 1 / 1  

step into the unknown

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step, as a little boy I never knew where life would lead me to, never knew what the future holds for me, in my elementary school I won a lot of prizes been the best student, always came first position among my peers, I had a passion for science which made me consider pursuing a degree in medicine and surgery because I had a very good knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, physics and biology. However, applying my core knowledge in this course made me change my mind to study biochemistry. Studying biochemistry gave me a wider scope of metabolism, protein synthesis, forensic science, food technology and environmental technology, in my final year I studied a core course called biochemical reasoning which opened my mind to the vast opportunities in Food biotechnology and environmental biotechnology.

During my undergraduate program in biochemistry at Madonna University Elele campus, Nigeria, I discovered that biochemistry could be more enriching in developing new product like drugs, synthesized food that contain vitamins, supplement, food stabilizer's, the use of bio-radiation in oil spillage, environmental hazards and pollution control. Studying Biochemistry and the courses such as immunology, food biochemistry, carbohydrate metabolism, protein metabolism, has given me more interest to further my master program in bioscience with an interest in cell and molecular biology. As it is often said the journey of exploring the realm of knowledge and probing into the unknown is infinite and strenuous. However, my desire to fulfill my ambition is difficult but as the saying goes, nothing is too much too achieved if you have determination and focus.

During my industrial training I worked at Federal institute of industrial research, (FIIRO), where industrial research is carried out, I have fore hand experience in cassava flour processing plant, cassava bread production and cassava chip production. My experience during my industrial trainee increased my zeal in food biotechnology. After my graduation I was posted for National Youth service where I worked at Raw materials Research and development council in Abuja (RMRDC), my passion for biotechnology made me work in a sewage treatment plant company (Biotech solution company limited), I love my job and I enrolled in the institute of public analyst of Nigeria,(IPAN) an institute that trains scientist in their career development, hence, my passion for research rekindled. I am totally ready to replicate the same dedication and passion if given the opportunity to study a Master degree in Life science at King Fahd university of petroleum & minerals (KFUPM)

King Fahd university of petroleum &minerals (KFUPM)is one of the best schools in the Saudi arabia in the area of research in life science with the use of modern technology and intelligent researches, this has given me a great motivation to apply for this scholarship program. I strongly believe that this is the best place and that KFUPM is the best school to achieve my academic goals. The department of life science has prominent professor that have carried out researches in my area of interest and have also trained a lot of graduate students in diverse field. Having my Master's degree under their supervision and learning from them will be a great privilege for me. Also learning the Saudi Arabia language in the country will be an opportunity for me to also learn the culture and this enable be have a good experience in the country, as I look forward to speaking Korean language.

Due to my passion for science, hard work and interest, I was awarded the best graduating student with a GPA of 4.41 in the year 2013/2014 and my under graduate thesis was published. My interest for science made me to be one of the participants in Federal institute of Industrial Research Tv reality show, the first industrial Tv reality show in Nigeria in the year 2017.I hope to use my knowledge and experience to work in a research institute, conduct more research and also apply for a PhD program. I love to achieve my goal, my journey so far to success is to see myself studying a Master's degree at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology and I hope that this journey to success comes true
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@kingzoly
Hi there. Welcome to the forum! I hope this feedback becomes beneficial for your writing endeavors. If it does, don't hesitate to approach us for more input.

It would also be helpful if you can provide us with additional insight on the purpose of this written work. Doing this would truthfully help us understand how to appropriately assess your writing.

Generally speaking, your writing's structure, flow, and length is quite decent. It was great that you had quite a formatted way of composing and moving through the content. This makes it easier for the writers to determine how to follow your writing with a lot more ease.

Taking that into consideration, I would opt to suggest that you should try to make concise the wording of some particular portions of the essay. For instance, the first paragraph lacks a bit more specification. Instead of mentioning that you have "a very good knowledge"" of a particular thing, you should try to mention how and in what ways you are.

Bear in mind that merely mentioning vague details will not help you in the long-run as you need to showcase that you are concretely able to do so.
OP kingzoly 1 / 1  
learning

thamks for your response as this has been helpful in my application.

Home / Graduate / Statement of Purpose for Masters in Life Science KFUPM