Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Statement of Motivation for Masters in Aerospace Engineeirng! at a German University

amaarahsan 1 / -  
Kindly give your most sincere comments on this - my first ever application essay - and look for any postive changes that can be made. The questions were (1) Describe your motivation to study in Germany? (2) Motivation to study abroad (3) Reasons for choosing AcUAS (4) Reasons for applying for aerospace engineeringMAX 1 PAGE

Germany, the economic power house of Europe, is certainly one of the best places in the world to study science and engineering. Throughout the world German engineering is regarded as a symbol of class and precision. During my undergraduate study of Metallurgy at NED University, I got a chance to do an internship in Pakistan International Airlines. It was a career defining period for me and from then on I decided to pursue a career in Aeronautics & flight engineering and Germany, being home to some of the largest aircraft manufacturers of the world, is the ideal place to do it. Unlike the quality of education in Germany, the cost of education is much lower than that in other countries, which makes it a really attractive place for many competitive students from the 'third world'.

I came to know about FH Aachen through DAAD course finder and one thing that really impressed me was the practical aspect of the course work. As a student coming from a typical 'research oriented' university background, I find this 'industry oriented' study a lot stronger in its appeal. This directly corresponds to better career opportunities as DAAD website says, "Students from fachhochschulen have better industrial preparation than traditional university students". My friends and teachers will tell you that I have never been something like a 'Professor Pink-Hands' and have always been a 'hands-on' sort of a student which is the reason why the choice of graduate study in a facchochschule was very spontaneous. Another thing that pushed me to apply for masters at FH Aachen was that its program was designed for consecutive studies which make it ideal for my situation. Moreover, the program has fairly practical as well as interesting courses like Aircraft design, Actuator systems, and propulsion design besides a rare course of environmental effects of propulsion. Furthermore, the program is offered completely in English which waives off any language restrictions I might have encountered otherwise. Lastly, FH Aachen has a pretty good CHE ranking plus the university is home to a fairly large number of international students especially from South Asian countries. This would be extremely helpful for me once I get enrolled in the program.

Having a sound knowledge about the materials used in the aircrafts and their processing, I expect to become a more 'valuable' prospect for the aircraft industry globally after the masters program in aeronautical engineering. Aeronautical engineers are one of the highest paid individuals all over the world and it is something I find lucrative enough to switch my field from materials sciences to aeronautical engineering. The graduate course work will enable me to design and develop improved propulsion, control, and safety systems for the aircraft. Also, I feel that it will enable me to perform maintenance checks and repairs as soon as I, hopefully, join an organization, this will open up prospects for better salary packages and positions even without any work experience.

Lastly, I believe my academic qualifications are good enough to earn me a place in the masters program at FH Aachen or any other international university. I have been among the top two students of my batch for the first three years of my bachelors' course and still maintain an overall GPA of 3.7. With such academic performance and a good GRE score on top of that, I believe I am the right candidate for the position in your program. In addition to that, I have done a couple of very useful internships, one in the national flag carrier and other in a large motorbike manufacturing company on the basis of which experience I can say that I already have the basic knowledge of flight and vehicle systems and adjusting in an apparently new field of study will not be too difficult. I believe that masters study will obviously be pretty challenging but at the same time interesting enough to help me overcome the odds of not only studying in foreign institution but also living a fairly advanced society.

Home / Graduate / Statement of Motivation for Masters in Aerospace Engineeirng! at a German University