Personal Statement : MSc in Strategic Marketing

RITABATALHA 1 / 1  
Hi everyone, this year i am applying to an MSc in Strategic Marketing. As usual, they required me an Personal Statement. On my PS I decided to focus my work experience, since they request 3 years of working, and i only have 2.5y.

I will be thankful for someone that could help to revise my PS.

Regards,
Rita

---

Personal Statement - Marketing

Marketing appeals to me as the most important department of any business. I understand the importance of marketing for all companies, whether it be small, medium or big companies.

I remember when I was a child that salesmanship was already intrinsic into my personality. On holidays, I used to design collections of painted rocks and created my marketing strategy and sell them to my family.

Nowadays, the idea of having a product to launch and a target audience to appeal to excites me. I always think of creative ways a product can be marketed. I discovered how much I enjoy learning how brands behave in the market, sell and attract or retain consumers

I am an enthusiastic learner, I know what I want and I am prepared to work hard to achieve my ambition.

When I finished high school, I pondered to do a degree in marketing; however, I decided first to have a degree in business areas with a strong analytical component, for considering that mathematical foundations are essential to any decision making.

I did not flout the opportunity to work in finance, however after completing my degree I decided to learn more about marketing, since it has been an area that I have always aroused interest.

During my professional journey, I was sure that marketing was ideal for my aspirations, goals and both personal and professional development.
I wanted to pursue a Master degree in Marketing, but I considered important having work experience first, to contribute to the programme with my experience and vision about marketing.

In my first job, acting as an intern in a company of Cars Advertising, I understood immediately the importance of marketing to customers and company as well. However, it was working on the XXXX group that I developed new skills, knowledge and ability to understand how marketing issues are complex.

I started to work on the XXXXX Group, first as New Media Consultant at YYYY and after as Marketing Consultant at ZZZZ.

YYYY Agency (media planner agency of the group) was looking for a digital consultant, with a strong analytical skills and interest in marketing, to devote exclusively to the agency's most profitable client, currently BBBBBB (former CCCCC). CCCCC in 2008 invested 80% of the total investments on the Internet channel, for online acquisition of credit cards with annual investments of about 0000 million Euros. For that reason, was essential having a full-time consultant to follow up the business model quite buoyant and complex, and that simultaneously create and develop digital marketing strategies that generate reliable results.

This job required a lot of me, but I can say I learned a lot. Not only developing further the analytical capabilities, and learned Digital Marketing that to the date knows superficially.

After one year working as New Media Consultant, I was approach to assume a new challenge on the group, as Marketing Consultant at ZZZZ.
ZZZZ needed to strengthen their team with a consultant to work with banking sector clients, such as CCCCC and MMMMM. It was essential for the marketer understood the market and financial products and was able to overcome market and customers demands. I had the opportunity to work with other clients, such as COOOO and POOOOO. It was working with multinationals that I found a special interest in Brand Management, and develop a deep understand about marketing and not only Digital.

The experience at ZZZZZ was enriching, not only develop professional skills, but also personal. I demonstrated repeatedly entrepreneurship, organization in managing 5 clients (3 of them multi-brand), perfectionism and love of learning in the conduct of all projects.

After 2.5 years of working, I knew that I needed more education and skills to achieve my goals, feel highly competitive, valuable professional and attractive in any industry and company.

Choosing C. University was a easy decision. Not only, because my father did his Master Degree in C. in not only 83, and I could witnessed his professional success; but also, because I visited the University and I gather a highly education at various levels. The programme is very rich and complete; the research skills are actively involved in numerous collaborations; and an excellent teaching staff ensures that relevant academic theory it will combined with good business practise.

After finishing my Masters, I intend to work in multinational companies in the area of Brand Management. I Do not disregard other areas that may be suitable to my profile, but I feel that I identify a lot with brands and products.

As for the digital area, will always be an advantage for my career. Experience with diverse clients and projects, is always an asset in any company.

Consider it essential to obtain international work experience, my plans involved also working in England, if the conditions of the moment let me.

I look forward to starting my Master in Strategic Marketing at C. University and being active in as many facets as possible to boost my employment credentials and gain valuable experience. I will be eager to progress in terms of my academic study, my modelling and my work experience.

I am confident that my time at university will be a success both academically and personally and that I can leave with a range of great career prospects and a bright future ahead of me.
renga78 6 / 18  
and sell them towithin my family - to is not wrong but within is more appropriate.
I always think of creative ways in which a product can be marketed.
I was sure that marketing was ideal for my aspirations, goals and both personal and professional development. -- sentence restructuring may be needed.
OP RITABATALHA 1 / 1  
Hi,

Thank you so much for the help! I revise it all your comments and I am sure that the english is much better.

Regards,
Rita

Home / Graduate / Personal Statement : MSc in Strategic Marketing