Statement of purpose - OSLOMET Norway- MS-Applied Computer and Information Technology

shroud 1 / -  
Hello, this is my SOP draft for masters degree at OsloMet Norway. I would highly appreciated feedback and suggestions for improvements.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

I am writing to express my interest in studying Applied Computer and Information Technology (ACIT) Master's course at OSLO Metropolitan University (OSLOMET) with a specialization in Data Science. A degree from such an esteemed institute will enhance my capabilities and improve my career opportunities as a professional in the software industry.

Born in this era, my generation has witnessed firsthand how the wonders of the internet has changed the world for the better. Everyone is generating and consuming data and as time goes on the need for efficient and secure methods of organizing data becomes a necessity and thus data scientists become a precious commodity and the demand for more will only grow as time goes on. My goal is to become a professional data scientist with a specialization in semantic web and data storage and analysis.

I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences from one of my country's most prestigious universities, National University of Science and Technology (NUST). Currently I am working as a full stack engineer in Pakistan. My job entails working on the backend and frontend of software's and usually server deployment. I have a mid-level engineer and have led multiple teams to work on several large web applications which include Learning Management Systems, Saas websites and providing solutions for machine learning applications. My work as a full stack engineer taught me a lot about the software industry and it helped put things in perspective

on how much the world depends on data and the internet, so it seemed logical to progress towards data science as a career path. I am a social creature; I like doing extracurricular activities and meeting new people. I was the chairperson of ACM at NUST between 2019-2020 and I've taken part in organizing several national level events at my university.

Moving toward graduate school, I am very interested in pursuing the Applied Computer Science course at OSLOMet. The website revealed that course content of Data Science specialization strongly emphasized on practical implementation of knowledge which I really admire and this has strengthened my resolve to study here. I've also read up on your student associations and I plan to take part in them as well. The free education at OSLOMet, its international ranking and future career opportunities in Norway is another great factor for my determination to study here.

My short-term goals are to complete my education and build my skills as a data scientist and work in Norway. My long-term goal would be to become the best and brightest in this field and work at the biggest software organization of the world and, I believe very strongly that through this program I can achieve my goals and make a strong and meaningful impact in every work place.

Thank you for reading
Regards
Arsalan Khalid
I have a bachelor's degree

Expand on this portion. Specifically, discuss academic accomplishments, related research work, and any other academic participation that will prove an undergraduate foundation for the masters course.

it helped put things in perspective

What other skills development programs added to the perspective ? Companies invest in employee skills development in relation to an individual's promotability. Make sure to make it an important part of your career purpose consideration.

am a social creature

Unnecessary. The SOP should focus on the academic and professional aspect. The social creature should show itself in the personal statement.

The website revealed that course content of Data Science specialization strongly emphasized on practical implementation of knowledge

I've also read up on your student associations and I plan to take part in them as well.

Do not repeat website information as these are information the remewere know about. Use a different set personal considerations instead.

Home / Graduate / Statement of purpose - OSLOMET Norway- MS-Applied Computer and Information Technology