'to study at Copenhagen Business School' - motivational essay for Master at CBS

urcanes 1 / 1  
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my desire to study at Copenhagen Business School. I am applying for the Master's degree in Economics & Business Administration: Specialization International Business. I have recently received my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Management from Petru Maior University of Targu Mures. I am confident that this course will enable me to pursue a career as a manager in an international enterprise.

Since I began my Bachelor degree here, in Targu-Mures I have sought ways of expanding my knowledge about globalization and managing international companies in the global environment. I had the opportunity to gain experience in a local company which helped me improve my organizational abilities, but I would like to obtain more knowledge not just about local companies but also international ones, about the entire organizational context, not just one aspect of business management.

During the period of my employment I realized that my decisions were very appreciated by my superiors and they encouraged me to continue with my studies abroad and go to the next level of studying, to go professional and learn from the best. Because of my communicative and social skills I managed several times to accommodate very easily to various types of groups although it was hard for the others. I took some specific courses in Austria for my language skills and the idea of "Ausbildung" (personal knowledge training) fascinated me and made me want to do my best in order to grow my personal knowledge. I also have been an athlete all my life and because I lived and interfered with different kinds of people and environments from all over the world helped me to develop an international way of thinking, that is why I want to gain a wide practical and theoretical knowledge in International Business and also in other core areas of business administration.

A good manager is not only a person who knows how to lead a Company, it is more than that, a good manager means to know how to take the best decisions in his/her personal life too, because in my opinion a person's relationships with other people help him/her to develop his/her own personality. The best method to obtain what you desire is to think that there are no secrets to success; success is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.

I am very confident that I will be a strong support for my new learning group because I am a person with many innovative ideas for example I set up the plastic recycling department at my former company and currently I have my own business in the environmental area with the objective of protecting the environment and reducing pollution. My experience in entrepreneurial activities, desire for affirmation and passion for total success are only some of the features that would be honored to be at a young and dynamic team's disposal.

Furthermore, with this in view and as I plan to make my career in management, my first goal is to get a better grounding in management, strategy, marketing, leadership and other special issues in international organizations. Learning about these at Copenhagen Business School will make me a well-rounded manager, who understands the inner workings of a global company and challenging myself with powerful business lessons will help me grow as a future manager.

I am definitely sure that studying at Copenhagen Business School will be the choice of my life because I am ready both mentally and academically to succeed and to have good results, moreover, studying in a such a peaceful and international city will improve not only my managerial skills but also help me to develop my personality and to overcome my boundaries.

Yours faithfully,
... Alexandru
Daybreak 3 / 32  
Since I began my Bachelor degree here, in Targu-Mures I have sought ways...

There should be a comma afte Targu-Mures.

I would like to obtain more knowledge not just about local companies but also international ones, about the entire organizational context, not just one aspect of business management.

Again, a comma after 'knowledge' and after 'companies'. I also suggest changing 'about' to 'concerning' and add a similar preposition between 'also' and 'international' (some synonyms for about: regarding, on, with reference to, relating to.)

but also international ones, about the entire organizational context, not just one aspect of business management.

I would suggest making that comma a semi-colon or a point and starting a new sentence, perhaps starting with "I'd like to learn more...".
OP urcanes 1 / 1  
Thx a lot for your advice

I appreciate it !

Home / Graduate / 'to study at Copenhagen Business School' - motivational essay for Master at CBS