Study plan for a new career path and study optician program in Canada

siuned1988 1 / -  

STUDY PLAN FOR DIPLOMA IN CANADA

Hi all,

I have a bachelor degree in science and i have been working in engineering company for years. Now, I would like to pursue a new career path and want to study optician program in canada. Please help review my study plan below. Thanks.

Dear Visa Officer,

I am writing this letter to explain my study plan for my post-secondary education in Canada and to seek your approval on my Student Permit application.

The reasons why I would like to study in Canada are that Canada is recognized worldwide for its outstanding quality of education. Qualification acquired from Canada is recognized globally and valued highly in the international job market. Besides, compared to countries like the UK, USA and Australia, the cost of education in Canada is quite moderate. We can also meet people from all over the world with different cultures and lifestyles in Canada. The multicultural environment promotes friendliness and peaceful living like no other country. Canada has been consistently ranked as one of the safest nations in the world. As an international student, we can enjoy the same rights as any other Canadian. Therefore, I believe that studying in Canada is definitely a valuable and beneficial experience for my own good.

Among the post secondary institutions in Canada, I have chosen Georgian College because Georgian was the first Ontario college with programs accredited by Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada and provides the highest standard co-op programs in Canada. From the opticianry programs offered in Georgian that I have applied, through theory and practical experience in labs/clinics, I can experience a unique blend of healthcare and business management and learn how to operate my own businesses, which can definitely help me to start up my own business in my hometown.

Upon completion of my bachelor degree of Science, I have been working as a safety advisor in the construction industry for years. However, due to the limited career advancement I am facing at the moment, I have decided to develop a new career path for better development. To achieve this goal, I have chosen Opticianry as my future study after thorough consideration. First of all, there are lots of job opportunities for opticians in my hometown. Furthermore, since I was a kid, I have been wearing glasses all day, and I have always wanted to own an optical store where I can help people with fitting glasses or contact lenses, and more importantly, help them to see the world more clearly.

After doing researches, I found that there is number of institutions that offer opticianry programs in Canada. Some of them, including Georgian College, provide coop terms so that we can gain practical and on-the-job experience in the optical field. We can integrate our academic studies within a workplace with critical reflection on the experience. When we graduate, we are more willing to have the confidence to succeed on the job. However, there are very limited opticianry programs offered in the institutions in my hometown. Also, the programs provided here are always focusing on theoretical rather than practical issues. Therefore, the opticianry programs provided in Canada seem to match my learning preference as they are more practical and will be more beneficial to help me pursue my career goal of becoming a professional optician when I return to my hometown.

It is expected that demand for opticians in my hometown keeps increasing in the coming years due to the aging population. Job openings for opticians are higher than job seekers, creating a shortage of related workers here. Upon completion of the opticianry program from Canada, I will have experience of working as optician gained from co-op terms and will be qualified to apply for the opticianry jobs in my hometown when I return. In addition, the program introduces not only the skills to competently dispense eyeglasses, contact lenses and subnormal vision devices, but also the traditional retail model, medical clinical settings, sales, self- employment and business management. Those skills and knowledge can help me to start up my own optical store in my home.

Currently, my parents live in XXX and both of them are retired and they need financial support to make a living. Also, they start to have health related problems from time to time and taking care of their daily life becomes one of my responsibilities. Besides, XXX is my hometown where I grew up and most of my friends and relatives are staying in. I like the people and the environment here and I always want to operate my own business to serve the community. After completion of the study program, I will return to XXX to pursue my new career goal here.

Lastly, I would like to end by summarizing my educational goal which is to gain a optician diploma so as to develop my new career in my hometown and I want to study in Canada because of its rich cultural diversity and professional educational environment.

Thank you very much for spending time taking consideration of my application and I hope my study permit will be accepted.

Yours sincerely,
XXX
The essay shows that the applicant hasa keen interest in studying in canada but does not show a strong motivation to go back home after the course is completed. The tits to the home country are weak, specially with regard to the senior aged parents of the applicant. The applicant does not fully explain how the career change will relate to the industry his is working in at the moment. There is no explanation as to who will be responsible for the student in Canada (tuition, board, spending allowance to name a few). A familiarity with the student work hours should be shown in the letter. There is no real career that the applicant will be returning to in his home country. A clear career plan upon returning home is needed. A localized career plan is not enough. It must tie in with the original career somehow to show a change in career path relevant to the original occupation. There is no sense of urgency in the letter that would warrant studying in Canada.There is no evidence that the universities in the applicant's home country cannot accomodate the educational needs of the student. A reference to the age of the applicant should be explained as this will be a secondary degree for him. The applicant maybe over- aged for the visa type he is applying for.

Home / Graduate / Study plan for a new career path and study optician program in Canada