Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

purpose of studying and autobiography - international student

Jong68 1 / -  
Autobiography and purpose of Study

20years ago There was my favorite TV program "Live Women" and "Offline free shows" which was broadcasted in KBS broadcasting station. During that time, I was finding a job that is related to broadcasting. Main reason for my interest in those TV program was that I could saw strong confident from an announcer in program. It was my primary objective for studying mass communication that I become announcer who has a confident as an announcer from those TV program. The year 1991 was most significant time for me; I had employed as an announcer by KBS broadcasting station in Korea. It was not easy year to be employ by KBS because employment rate at KBS was 0.001 percents. However I was getting near to my dream.

First program that I had worked for was history documentary about Joseon Dynasty and I was indicated as one of top announcer in KBS broadcasting station by newspaper. After historical documentary had over, I had placed at medical information program as a new announcer. And since 13years passed from working in KBS, I could have an opportunity to participate in program about women's right. The program was named as "Housewife's word toward social" and the program led me to have conversation and critiquing with 50 housewives in Korea weekly about numerous social issues. During participation on this program I was able to truly understand social problems related with women. I could have conversation in program with women who tried suicide several times and child who had been abused sexually. Whenever I faced with these kinds of people, my hearth was embarrassing that I did nothing on helping unfortunate people especially women. As a one who was charged with expediting the proceedings the program, I was participated numerous community services for women's right. And my passion on seeking the women's right led me to awarded "gender equality" and "the best announcer" in Korea by Broadcasting Association in Korea.

Since I became almost 40 years old, I published an autobiography named "Innocent and beautiful of age 30" and I wrote about my broadcasting history and idea of well lives as 30 years old women. I also wanted discuss with people about pleasure from reading books which gives us sensibilities, ability in language and sympathy and it can be influence positively to society. Therefore I participated book festival with my co-workers and we had made internet site where is encouraging people to read the book and find the book to read with assisting of KBS announcers. We had visited unfortunate child's home and touch them how to read and discuss about book. After several years had been passed since I had passion on reading book and culture, I had opportunity to participate in KBS radio station. The first program was named "Jeong Yong Sil's Cultural Focus" which was using my name. During time of working in radio station, I had realized there was still a lots thing to learn about counseling to read book. I had learned a lot indeed but not only counseling but cultural art and I began to think it is impossible to be a good announcer without continuously studying in culture. I was so hunger to study more and wanted to study from somewhere bigger than Korea.

However I heard good news from my husband that he will have to go to New York as a KBS news correspondent. I was pleasured because by studying in US I might compare culture and literature between Korea and USA. And it would be chance to expand my knowledge on literature globally.

Author Lee Chung Jun from Weatherhead East Asian Institute in Columbia University, was appointed as one who could possibly attain the Novel Prize. As an announcer in Korea, I used to have desire to research about Author Lee Chung Jun who is most Korean traditional, and deal with identity of human being. His literature is very traditional and historical because he had lived throughout difficult period of time in Korea politically. Especially he had passed away in this present year, therefore various Medias focusing on his literature.

As a one who is charged with expediting the proceedings literature broadcasting programs in the future, it might be great opportunity to studying in Weatherhead East Asian Institute for expanding my knowledge. And I expect to meet a new friends and instructor to discuss my knowledge. These hours again will return with KBS after and more to make the base which is the possibility of writing the book about planning division progress and this field of the cultural program.

After I finish my researching in Weatherhead East Asian Institute, I will donate the book about Korean language pronunciation which produces from KBS public broadcasting announcer teams and complete works of Lee Chung Jun to the library of Weatherhead East Asian Institute with purpose of helping student whoever wants to study Korean.

Home / Graduate / purpose of studying and autobiography - international student