UNIQUE DESIGNS; Study Plan/ Masters inJewelry Design

Moo_BM 1 / 1  
Hello, Everyone I will be applying for graduate studies in the China. Anyone can review and check grammatical errors.
Welcome all suggestions. ^ ^

In today's global society, the importance of design has been developing and increasing continuously. Everything around us is based and involved totally on design such as clothes, mobile phones, furniture, vehicles, jewelry. For example, "Have you ever decided to buy an engagement ring for your fiancĂŠe?" the first time you might select a three diamond ring, another time you find the one diamond ring with special shank decoration is better. Even simple situations around us can have different designs and affects our decision to buy. The variety of unique design products influences and affects our world in many ways while many of them become well known with acceptable quality to satisfy people's needs all over the world. It's also said that design has been one of the languages in human society.

Thailand is considered one of the leading countries in the jewelry industry. After high school, I decided to use my passion in design to create valuable things for my homeland so I passed through very competitive entrance examination to Silpakorn University, the most prestigious jewelry school in Thailand. During my undergraduate study, I gained a comprehensive academic foundation in jewelry production and design method which I always enjoyed and performed well in all design subjects.

After graduation, I was recruited into Benson Jewelry Co., Ltd. one of the biggest jewelry companies in Thailand and Evershiny Jewelry Co., Ltd in 2006. I have been enjoying my work as a junior jewelry designer from which I gained real work experience in the jewelry industry.

Nowadays throughout the last seven years I have accumulated a wealth of professional design experience, I was promoted to Chief Jewelry Designer in the design department where I am responsible for launching and producing many design projects which have been highly appraised, coordinating with craftsman to monitor design and manufacturing processes, quality controlling waxes, moulds and complete pieces, communicating with customers all around the world to meet their satisfaction, creating theme and displays for participated jewelry exhibition in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Italy.

Also I was a representative to attend seminar meetings in the topics "Design Trend" which held by Swarovski AG Company in Thailand and "Gems Vision" which held by Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce.

In Addition, I got the opportunity with great honor to be the youngest committee member for common fund which was established to inspect employee's welfare.

Although all of these experiences taught me to appreciate the importance of teamwork while also strengthening my leadership skill, enhancing my analytical skills, making up my confidence with mental maturity and developing an overall perspective of field of jewelry design. I realize that I lacked advanced knowledge to develop and increase efficiency in design career. I decided that my next important step must be pursuing graduate study in the field of design.

In my prospective program, I will focus on the unity between making and thinking through artistic research, conceptual design integrating, design methodology, exploring new ways to integrate artistic creation with production processes, researching innovative techniques and materials. In order to achieve my goal, the following issues are needed to study and research:

1. Combining the Artistic Concept with Jewelry Creation: aims at applying artistic concepts with production process. To make the possibility to produce design work in the real production.

2. Aesthetic Values in Arts and Culture: aims at combining artistic ideas, modern art with traditional art and expression these values in design works to society effectively.

3. Innovative Techniques and Materials on Art and Design: aims at researching new techniques and materials by exploration and experiment with suitable method.
4. Contextual Influenced Factor: aims at study and evaluate current mainstreams that influencing for creative concepts in art and design such as: people, environment, gallery, lifestyle, Culture and etc.

Of course, in my opinion a designer is a man who understands the significance of art, principal in design, learning from variety of sources, analyzing and solving problems, exploring the way to figure out an answer, selecting proper materials to use and know how to express a message inside your design to other people.

The mentioned issues are my future academic plan that I am going to focus on. Furthermore, along with jewelry design I am also interested in product design. I need to learn much more about understanding of diversity of product, modern designing and thinking, design strategy and management, creativity of useful function and researching for satisfy society's demand.

Another purpose related to graduate study that interests me is the institution's academic quality, for more than 80 years the reputation in art and design field is highly recognized on the international level and the great opportunity to receive high-level education under guidance of esteemed lecturers, alumni of your institution, for example, Wang Shu, Chinese architect who won the Pritzker Prize and Jamy Yang, Chinese designer who won the Red Dot Design Award.

Many people have asked me why I would like to study in china. I strongly believe with no hesitation that academic quality is not less than western countries. With the prominent academic in China, is known as one of the leader with world class potential. This country is currently becoming a great design revolution and innovation country. I believe this decision can fulfill my ambition of being an outstanding expert in such a field.

Upon completion of the program, I would like to grow in my career as a design manager in multinational company for 4 - 5 years. After that, my strong goal in life is to contribute something to design development for my homeland, becoming a university instructor is a good opportunity where I can use my all experiences and pass on knowledge to my students, opening their eyes to the importance of design. Also I would like to establish international cooperation to exchange knowledge, academic foundation, opening up artistic vision in the field of design from professional designers between Thailand and China and sharing these experiences to next generation people in both countries who are going to be a country's creator in the future.

I believe that my serious intention for study much more, my strong past experiences will be beneficial for my graduate studies. I will put in my best and sincere efforts in meeting the high standards set by the university.

I would like to thank the committee for spending time considering my study plan.
In today's global society, the importance of design has been developing and increasing continuously. Everything around us is based and involved totally on design such as clothes, mobile phones, furniture, vehicles, jewelry.

... My suggestion;
In the modern global society, the word "Design" has achieved a great significance. Be it a mobile phone, cloth, furniture item, vehicle or jewellery, people pay a great attention to its design.

"Have you ever decided to buy an engagement ring for your fiancĂŠe?" the first time you might select a three diamond ring, another time you find the one diamond ring with special shank decoration is better.

... hey... this is about having a list of fiance'es? ...lol
My suggestion;
For example, suppose you want to buy an engagement ring for your fiance'e. Then the thing that attracts your attention mostly is its design which often supersedes the money you pay for it.

Home / Graduate / UNIQUE DESIGNS; Study Plan/ Masters inJewelry Design