Warwick essay draft a brief (4,500 characters maximum) personal statement

kentseng 1 / -  

Msc Accounting and Finance Personal Statement

·Why have you selected this course? What are your motivating factors?
·How do you see the course impacting your career plans?
·What experience will you contribute to your cohort?
·How do you align with our CORE values?
·What is your proudest achievement?
· Explains your interest in this specific course
· Describes how this course will help you to achieve any future study plans
· Describes how this course will help you to achieve any future career plans

Inspired by my parents' work, I have cultivated strong sensitivity to the financial market and global commerce throughout my youth. I became curious about erudite relationship between stock market and international economic situation. This process encouraged me to major in economics. During the years as an economics, I not only acquired a solid foundation about macroeconomics and global monetary system but also had an opportunity to immerse myself in the capital markets through finance related courses, such as Investment, Financial Management, and Corporate Finance courses. To gain more practical finance experiences, I attended NTHU Financial Investment Club during my junior years. My proudest achievement came from the Research Competition within the club. During the time, I worked as the captain and led the team to work on a research project of the largest phone lens manufacturer, Largan (3008 TT), through which I learned to build up a financial projection model from scratch and deliver a comprehensive sell-side industry and equity research report. The stock eventually reached my target price and our report was highly praised by the jury team, giving me a strong sense of achievement and further arousing my passions in equity research.

Afterwards, I joined Yuanta Futures as an intern to employ abstract concepts into reality. I conducted fundamental and technical analysis to generate investment reports for clients, and learned various hedging strategies with options and futures. I also accumulated financial experience through restless research on the futures and stock markets. Additionally, I accomplished a sales project with my colleagues and persuaded the manager to adopt my advice, an experience that equipped me with strong negotiation and communication skills.

I desire to start my career as an equity research analyst in an international investment bank in Greater China, and develop my long-term career as a portfolio manager at a hedge fund. To achieve this goal and build on what I have learned and work on more complex projects and research, I would like to pursue further education on Warwick MSc accounting and finance program as it provides both academic and career resources to grow me into a real professional. Courses like Financial Markets and Financial Risk Management will allow me to understand the capital markets thoroughly and to implement the quantitative approaches to manage risks. Additionally, I am also interested in Practice of Investment Management, through which I could learn to address complex portfolio construction with fundamental analysis. Professionally, Warwick provides strong career services such as Workshops & guidance, giving me an opportunity to discuss and network with careers coaches with specialist knowledge, and Careers Plus service, providing me with greater understanding of my target industry and career goals.

Warwick is filled with diversity, giving me an opportunity to interact with people with different backgrounds and getting me prepared for a diverse working environment at an international bank. I am ready to contribute to my cohort with my personal and professional experiences. I see myself as an active participant who can share my practical experience and knowledge gained during internship and financial club.

The program will prepare me to develop advanced ability in finance and achieve my short-term goal as an equity research analyst. I expect to be part of renowned and reputed organizations where I can apply all my knowledge and skills and gain experiences for the long run. I believe MSc Accounting and finance programme at Warwick will be a perfect destination from which to start a career in finance and accounting.
The mention of your parents as your first motivating factor requires more explanation and motivation development. What jobs do your parents hold? How did they expose you to the various facets of the job that made you interested in what they are doing? What personal passion do you have for the job that stems from that exposure? Why would your parent's motivation be important to you because of these reasons?

Your work experience will be considered notable by the reviewers but but your proudest achievement could do better. Since this achievement was a team effort rather than a personal one, your role in the success of the project could be considered minimal by some. It would be advisable to relate an achievement that shows your skills in perseverance, analysis, predictive analysis, and the like, without the input of others. That way the achievement comes across as being based solely on your vision.

While you mentioned several keypoints from the course syllabus, you neglected to mention how the CORE values of Warwick fit into the discussion. You are specifically asked about that in the written interview guide so you must provide at least a one paragraph discussion in relation to it.

Home / Graduate / Warwick essay draft a brief (4,500 characters maximum) personal statement