Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Check my translation about history of Vietnam - 1946

thangfrank 1 / -  
Hello everybody,
Today i have to translate an article into English. Could you please help me to check mistake in it?
Thank you very much !

-----------------------------------
A glorious feat of Vietnam People's Public Security during this period was preventing Vietnam Kuomintang Party (KMT) (another name: Vietnamese Nationalist Party) from destroying Vietnam's Revolution Government in the case "On Nhu Hau"

On February 28th 1946, a treaty was signed between French Army and Chiang Kai-shek Army to compromise the interests between the French army and Chiang Kai-shek Army in Vietnam. At this time, the Chinese Communist Revolution developed strongly. Although getting many advance in competition with French, but Chiang Kai-shek cannot simultaneously deal with the Revolution in the country & French as well, therefore he tried to rearrange the contradiction to compromise the immediately benefit. Under this treaty, Chiang permitted France to occupy from 16th parallel and take mission to disarm the Japanese troops as well. On another hand, French ceded Chiang some privileges. Chiang military would withdraw on Mar 31st, 1946. With this treaty, the French officially replaced Chiang to invade Vietnam Country. If Vietnamese people beat France, Chiang military with support from Britain and America would stood by French to destroy the Vietnamese Revolution. Communist Party and Government made flexible policies, step by step removed enemies by signing a Preliminary Agreement with France on Mar 06th 1946.

After Chinese - French treaty and Preliminary Agreement were signed, the reactionary parties, their lackeys, the enemy forces were fragmented into many different trends. Some still followed Chiang as Nguyen Tuong Tam and Vietnam Kuomintang Party (KMT) in Thanh Hoa province stole money, documents and weapons chasing Chiang. The majority sought to bind with French, committed to be lackeys for French. Another led by Vu Hong Khanh went to Vinh Yen, set up anti-revolutionary base. They gathered together creating Vietnam Kuomintang Party (KMT) (another name: Vietnamese Nationalist Party) by Truong Tu Anh as Chairman, Vu Hong Khanh as Secretary, Nguyen Tuong Long, Nguyen Xuan Tung, Pham Khai Hoan as Centra Members. Depending on French Military, they were armed, trying to destroying the Revolution. They even colluded with French Army to overthrow the revolutionary government.

In June 1946, by exploiting Nghiem Xuan Chi (leader of assassination team of KMT, who was arrested when trying to murder Mr. Nguyen Luong Bang, Mr. Vo Nguyen Giap) and Tham Tran (one of effective lackeys of French's Secret Force), we understood some of plans of KMT trying to overthrow the Revolutionary Government. At the same time, through reconnaissance we discovered many KMT members penetrated surreptitiously Ha Noi - the central command of French Army. Detecting that French provided weapons for the armed force of the KMT - which specialized assassinating, kidnapping, raising funds for KMT but blame us for causing - named "Storm Force", "Blood steel Force", "Grey Tiger". While in Ha Noi, KMT had unusual intense activities. Every day, the KMT Head Office flagged publicly, with guards dressed Chiang uniform. KMT organized many protests against the Revolution Government. Leaflet, slogans and anti-government publications were printed at 80 Quan Thanh, then sharing out to Ha Noi & provinces.

Getting the intention of KMT, but not obtained evidence while the coup was coming soon, the police planned to scan all the headquarters of KMT to find the evidence. The news of the coup was promptly reported to Revolution Government. Although extremely worried for the fate of the country, since there was no evidence that government has not allowed the police launched a crack-down. Acting President Huynh Thuc Khang and Comrade Vo Nguyen Giap required to collect the evidence, determined to suppress but not bait the enemy's provocation. The requirement was to prevent the coup but remain the peace to prepare for war, keep the safe of government delegation and President Ho Chi Minh in France.

On 6.00PM July 11st 1946, Comrade Vo Nguyen Giap directly visited Police Head Quarter hearing report about the coup plan of the enemy. Comrade confirmed Police's news was authentic and informed that French military paraded on some big streets of of Hanoi on July 7th without Government's permission. Comrade stressed, before visiting France, Uncle Ho required that if there was clash between us and the French army or the KMT, we must act with extreme caution. Before going home, Comrade Giap said he would make decision in the next morning.

On 10.00PM July 11st 1946, the Police Director set up a meeting with Bui Duc Minh, Nguyen Tao, Le Huu Qua to arrange the action plan. Mr. Nguyen Tao was assigned to to get the physical evidence or a statement of leaflets calling for a coup to submit the evidence to the Government.

24.00 July 11, receiving sources of base that the KMT headquarters in 132 Bui Thi Xuan street was printing anti-revolution materials and national summons, some documents would be public in the next morning and KMT would act in secret, prepared for the coup.

Police made decision to penetrate KMT headquarters to get evidence. 4.30AM July 12nd 1946, police forces arrested all reactionary people, collected all of documents leaflets, slogans, posters which was finished printing or have been forced into bundles. Specially, police force has obtained a copy of the document wrote by Truong Tu Anh about "Coup Plan against the government of Ho Chi Minh". Under this plan, on the National Day celebrations of France July 14th 1946, KMT would ask the Government of Vietnam to allow a French parade on the streets of Hanoi. They (KMT) would throw grenades into the black soldiers. Using this reason, the French Army would blame the Revolution Government for not keeping security, opposite the allies. French troops would occupy our Head Quarter, arrest our Government members, announced the coup, immediately set up a government of the KMT instead. President Ho Chi Minh and the delegation in France would be arrested

Before the clear evidence, the Acting President Huynh Thuc Khang allowed police force to arrest KMT. During the July 12nd, security forces in coordination with other forces including nearly 200 people attacked the anti-revolution at their rest 40 head offices in Hanoi. At the same time, we attacked them in many provinces. At their office No.7 On Nhu Hau street (now Nguyen Gia Thieu Street) when police forces made search, Phan Kich Nam trying to use the title of Congress to make difficulty for us, but we arrested Phan Kich Nam and his accomplices, rescued many people who were not killed yet, collected many reactionary documents, fake money, instruments of torture, anesthetics, etc. We also dug up 6 people who were killed and buried at the garden, not including people who were threw their bodies into the Thien Quang Lake.

At No.80 Quan Thanh Street, while police forces conducted search, French troops used tanks to intervene, but encountering with the clear evidences and the mass struggle of the people, the French Army had to withdraw. We obtained many reactionary documents and 30 traitors. On other streets, people joined the police forces hunting many KMT members who are on the way of hiding.

During the pursuit of the reactionaries in Hanoi, police forces arrested nearly 100 traitors, including many dangerous people as Phan Kich Nam, Nghiem Ke To, Do Dinh Tao, etc. The counter-revolutionary coup by the KMT with the French support has been crushed out in 48 hours before the explosion.

Following the decree from Government and Police Head Quarter, along with Hanoi, the police in provinces joined to raid reactionaries. In Hai Duong, police forces penetrated into th KMT office in the town, arrested 10 people, including Nhuong who led organization. Do Quoc Tin, Quang Van Da were arrested in Hung Yen. The KMT which located Thai Binh, Hai Phong, Ninh Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Binh ... were wiped out.

In Nghe An province, police forces arrested all KMT members who escape from Ha Noi, including 2 members of the Central Board of KMT and many provincial leaders. Promoting successes, the armed forces continue to attack the lair, armed bases, schizo-affective government of KMT in Lao Cai, Mong Cai, Phu Tho, Yen Bai, Vinh Yen, Viet Tri. On November, we liberated the town of Lao Cai, the last town undered KMT's occupation, while hunting the secret agent of Chiang and the remnants of the KMT in Cao Bang, Lang Son ... kept safe for the northern border. "
Hi Frankie, I would like to WELCOME you to the Essay Forum Family, I understand that this is your first time writing and posting here on EF and we hope that you find this website helpful and even more so, useful towards your writing.

Now, in this translation of the Vietnam history, I feel like the reader will be overwhelmed with the information that is presented in the essay, I believe the best way to go is to somehow, separate the essay, highlight the sequence of the information according to its facts. The thing is, writing the history of a country is always complicated, you have to make sure that the ideas presented are absolutely what happened, after all, its history and it is your writing that will matter. It is also very crucial because of the role that history plays in the country.

Overall, the essay is good it just needs a little more space and emphasis on the important information that matters. I hope this helps and do let us know should you need further assistance.

Home / Research Papers / Check my translation about history of Vietnam - 1946