Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 3

Citing a source for racism and death penalty for black men who raped white women in the South

gza09 1 / 1  
Hi there, i desperately need help citing a source in MLA 7th for my essay. I can't post the link for it so i took out a sentence out from the pdf file so if googled only the correct source appears:

"The scourge of racial bias continued unabated through much of the 20th century, when black men convicted of rape in the South received deathsentences in grossly disproportionate numbers"

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm really lost and really need to cite this source. Any help will be greatly appreciated
ChristineB - / 108 55  
Hi, gza09. Have you tried doing a google search for "MLA citation"? Purdue University has an excellent page (OWL) devoted to how to properly use the MLA style guide. It addresses many types of scenarios (known author, unknown author, multiple authors, etc.) and explains how to do in-text citations and the "Works Cited" listing. I'll defer to their expertise - check it out.
OP gza09 1 / 1  
I tried that! :( Upon further research i found that my source is an "AMICI CURIAE." I tried to search how to cite this in MLA but to no avail.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Citing a source for racism and death penalty for black men who raped white women in the South