Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 3

Correcting mistake in making statement

monae 1 / -  
hi everyone,
I have been learning to write accurate in English, I hope you would help me to correct my mistake in making statement.

thank you for all comment and I am happy with it.
" first thing that I want to mention is how the lesson was successful. for me, the teacher role is impart the knowledge to student, the most successful lesson is not only a good preparation but also motivate student to join all activities in class"
daonguyen123 1 / 2  
The first thing that ... For me, the teacher 'srole is to impart the knowledge to student, the most successful lesson is ..."

I do not know what you mean in that sentence. I think you want to write about how to have a successful lesson? am I correct?

You should write the whole paragraph so I can help you to correct.
Monaenir, the firs tthing you have to learn and remember about writing English paragraphs is that the first letter of every new sentence is capitalized, along with nouns that indicate the proper name of persons, places, and things. In this paragraph, you did not capitalize your first word at the start of your sentences. Also, the determiner word "The" at the start of your first sentence because it is meant to set up a following qualifying or defining clause or phrase. There is also a problem with your sentence structures because you opt to use commas instead of periods in your paragraph. You also lack connecting words within the paragraph in order to create more understandable sentences. This mistake created a number of run-on sentences instead of a more proper sentence structure of your thoughts and ideas. Here is a sample outline of a more properly structured paragraph:

THE (Determiner) first thing that I want... For me, the teacher'S (ownership of role) role is TO (Connecting word) impart the knowledge to THE (Determiner) student. THE most successful... only a good... also MOTIVATION (Proper word usage) FOR (connector) studentS (plural form) to join...

Home / Grammar, Usage / Correcting mistake in making statement