Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 7

a disgusting sentence -wording grammar question

mmmargarita 10 / 79  
I just remembered that I have a disgusting sentence that I need to fix in one of my college app supplements. I'd like to submit this application as soon as possible, so I would definitely appreciate some suggestions!

"That the physicians are also professors exemplifies the real-world approach to education that I value"

I know, it sounds terrible, but I can't figure out how to re-word it.
OP mmmargarita 10 / 79  
By the way, I'd like to avoid saying "The fact that physicians..." Also, I realized it would make more sense as "That the professors are also physicians exemplifies the real-world approach to education that I value"
politik 6 / 34  
The real-world education that I value is exemplified here as the physicians are also professors.
Keng 39 / 134  
In my opinion, i use whether the physicians are also professors or not examplifies

If you use That , it is correct in terms of grammar, but it is a kind of awkward sentence.

when my essay is revised in the essayforum, many people changed the word "that" to "whether."
timeturner36 8 / 26  

I value the real world approach to education taught by professors who are also physicians.
The professors are also practicing physicians, and this authenticity reflects the real-world approach to education that draws me to [name of school].

I think the "ugly" way you had it was actually very good!
ezg_14 - / 2  
good job with the word choices

Home / Grammar, Usage / a disgusting sentence -wording grammar question