Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 10

How to enrich my writing?

Pablin 1 / -  
I am a student and have an inclination towards writing; I enjoy writing on current issues. I'm not very internet savvy and look for some help to enrich my writing. Can you guys help?
Well, you could post work that you have written on current issues, and we could give you feedback on how to improve them. Likely much of our advice will include general hints and tips that you could use to improve your overall writing abilities.
Motokid - / 2  
I started printing out my writing (essays and what not) and cut out the sentences and arrange them into an order the sounds best and my writing has been getting better grades.
Read the Elements of Style by Strunk and White for improving writing. For learning about the Internet... try blogging through Google's "blogger" or MySpace... and for learning about online networking check out the podcasts.
jennc09 4 / 64  
It is a good idea to post your work on this site, so moderators, contributors, or just any students can help you to try to make your essay the best it can be. This site helped me a lot and I hope they continue! I would definately recommend letting them revise your work.
kuiinn 1 / 6  
what is the difference between moderators and contributors? can anybody be one of them?
zowzow 10 / 175  
moderators no, contributors read the contributors page at the bottom of this forum
shows you what you can/need to do to join

moderators can move posts, remove them etc
contributors are just extra helpers to moderators
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  

Exactly :)
Thanks Marcell! That about says everything.
Another good way to improve your writing is to read a lot. People who are avid readers are almost always strong writers, too, because they are familiar with what constitutes good writing and can mimic the styles of their favorite authors. So, find some authors whose work you enjoy, and read more of their stuff. Try books by new authors, too. And in all cases read actively. If you find something you read boring, ask yourself why. If you read something that interest you, try to identify exactly what it is about the writing that keeps your attention.

Home / Grammar, Usage / How to enrich my writing?