Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 15

Grammatical errors in this sentence

Rogergx 1 / -  
I intend to publish an article on an English journal. The reviewer replied and pointed out a grammatical error in one sentence. I rewrote it and could you help me to check it please?

(in Abstract)
Finally, after analysing the questionnaire and interview data, we summarize the elements of video that test-takers really pay attention to and the functions of those elements.
writing_learner - / 1  
"Finally, after analysing the questionnaire and interview data, we summarize the elements of video that test-takers really pay attention to and the functions of those elements."

Perhaps one of the following - in my opinion:
1/ summarized:
2/ elements of a video: in case you're mentioning a random video, the indefinite article is needed ("the" if it is a particular video)
klokand - / 1  
"Students should be entitled with the freedom of choice..." - recognize this sentence.

Hi, there, I am bit struggle about my topic sentence, I want to express that student should decide whether study global news or not, and I want it sounds formal and powerful.

This is my work.
"Students should be entitled with the freedom of choice for determining whether or not studying global news."
So please help me.
eagle112 2 / 6 1  
maybe something like this ,,,,
Nowadays, the world tend to be a small village, our interests has become more complicated, global news has dominated our local media. However, we should have the choice of whether or not to study them
Oneiromancer 3 / 5  
For a concise introduction/statement, consider,

"Students should choose whether to study global news."

Others I can come up with:

"The student must ultimately decide whether to study global news."
"Students are entitled to a choice in deciding to study global news."
quanny 9 / 36 2  
proud of his hands - Is the grammar of this sentence wrong?

I am proud of his hands, for they have remained sturdy throughout vicissitudes of life, but I also cannot be ashamed of mine.
stanford - / 2  
I think it should be 'the vicissitudes'
Also, remember that the sentence should make sense if you remove commas surrounding the dependent clause.
It looks grammatically correct but it doesn't seem to flow very well. I would maybe try wording it slightly differently.

Hope this helps and sorry if it doesn't.
quanny 9 / 36 2  
Thx! Is this correct?
I am proud of his hands, for they have remained sturdy throughout the vicissitudes of life. However, I cannot be ashamed of mine.
Oneiromancer 3 / 5  
I'd suggest changing "however" to "likewise," or something that agrees with rather than disagrees with the previous sentence.
quanny 9 / 36 2  
YA thanks!
annie67 - / 1  
Colors are an important part of our lives!

Color is a part of all of our lives. Each color conceals a story. Whithout color life could be so boring and plane. Just white and black. You can also express yourself through color.
Kristoria 3 / 51 1  
Wait, what is this about?
Yes, you should have told us the purpose of this writing this line.

Color is a part of all of our lives.

Colors play an important role in our lives.

Each color conceals a story.

Each color depicts a story. or Each color reveals a story.

WhithoutWithout colors life could be so boring and planeplain.

Without colors the life would be so boring and plain.

Just white and black. You can also express yourself through color.

.... I think you better remove that sentence as it disturbs your flow.
Through colors, one can express himself.
kanchanshegar - / 1  
Tell me about my grammatical mistake (mts exam)

I have completed my schooling from msbt .i got scholarship in 11th standard.8th and 9th std certified mts exam ...
It is not very clear what you expect us to do and I assume that you want our help to check your grammar on this sentence .... yes, it needs some corrections;

I have complitedcompleted my schooling from msbt (this I don't understand :( ... what do you mean?). i got schoolarshipI received a scholarship in the11th standard.8th and 9th std certified mts exam ...

Again, the last part is pretty confusing :( For what purpose you got this scholarship?

Home / Grammar, Usage / Grammatical errors in this sentence