Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 3

Help me with my research presentation and not plagiarizing!

Nona99 1 / -  

is it a plagiarism?

Hello,

I have looked up what counts as plagiarizing and nowhere did I find if this is plagiarizing or not. I don't know if this is in the right forum because it is research, but not a paper, just a presentation. Please give a direct answer rather than explaining what plagiarizing is. I know what it is but I don't know if this counts. This is for a powerpoint presentation, not a paper, if that makes any difference. I have cut down the author's words, changed a few things, but kept a lot of their words (yes I know keeping their words is plagiarism, but since this is a presentation, maybe it's different?) I also gave them their due credit. So please let me know if this is ok or not. Thank you so much!

"Interestingly, adolescents who reported that social support was highly important to them but also reported that they did not perceive these supports as available to them demonstrated the highest levels of social anxiety."

to

"Adolescents who reported that social support was highly important to them but also reported that they did not perceive these supports as available to them"

"The stakes of a social interaction are less important when they are less meaningful and significantly greater when social support is highly valued,
likely contributing to increased anxiety in social situations."

to

"Stakes of a social interaction are less important when they are less meaningful"

(Coyle & Malecki, 2018, p 12)
Maria - / 1,098 389  
For as long as you cite, it won't be counted as plagiarism. This is applicable in most cases - even in PowerPoint presentations. Therefore, the texts you have provided will all not fall under plagiarized content because you were able to cite the original author. If you are using the original text, better either text block or use quotation marks. If you are revising or paraphrasing the content to make it more concise, it would be alright.
carmen_bonsai - / 3 1  
Since you had cited them, then it doesn't count as plagiarism. But remember to cite them not only when you take direct quotes from them but even when you paraphrase their words.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Help me with my research presentation and not plagiarizing!