Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 4

'Be involved in strengthening community bonds...' How do I paraphrase this statement?

AshlyToo 2 / 8 4  
Be involved in strengthening community bonds, encouraging volunteerism and philanthropy, engaging youth, developing and promoting sports, heritage and the arts. Experience a range of challenging and interesting portfolios to build a cohesive and resilient society, and deepen the sense of national identity and affinity for its country.
Hargun003 4 / 27 6  
Dear AshlyToo
There are some grammatical mistakes which I have corrected , and if you could provide me with the context you are writing, i might help you in rephrasing the whole thing in a better way :)

Be involved in strengthening community bonds,encourage volunteerism and philanthropy, engage the youth, develop and promote sports, heritage and the arts. Experience a range of challenging and interesting portfolios to build a cohesive and resilient society, and help them in establishing the sense of national identity and affinity for the country.
OP AshlyToo 2 / 8 4  
Hi

The one in bond is taken from mccy.gov.sg/en/news/press-releases/2015/New_CEO_NYC.aspx

I am trying to state that this organisation is trying to build a sense of belonging for its citizen and I found this on the web so I would like to use it as a evidence to support in my essay but I am not really sure how to paraphrase.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
- encouragingencourage volunteerism and philanthropy,
- engaging the youth,
- resilient society,( no need to add a comma if the phrase is followed by the word "and") and deepen
- the sense of national identity and affinity forto its country.

Ashly, this is quiet a long sentence for you to put together, I suggest not only re-phrasing them but also to cut them into 3 sentences instead of 2.

The remarks I made should be able to have you come up with another sentence in order to break them down, it's like a bunch of thoughts and ideas, crunched in a couple of sentences building a rather confusing statement.

I hope my humble remarks helped.

Home / Grammar, Usage / 'Be involved in strengthening community bonds...' How do I paraphrase this statement?