Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 4

Which kind of form I need to use ? will be to infinitive/ will "bare verb"

burcuner 1 / -  
I didnt decide actually i already ask my tutor he said normally both of them sounds seem correct. I wanted to decide this topic sharing in this platform. I am waiting your response.
I am sorry but the question is not clear to me. Maybe this sentence structure makes sense in your native language but not in English. Kindly rephrase the question in a proper English sentence format and add details to help me better understand what you are asking. There is no grammar reference to writing in "bare verb" form. There is no such writing grammar rule in reference to a "bare verb" format. There are several types of verbs, but a "bare verb" is not one of them so I have no idea what you are asking about. Out of the 11 types of verbs, a "bare verb" is not in the list. Are you trying to write an Infinitive Phrase here? Please clarify what you are trying to write. Use it in a sentence .
AnnaDao 1 / 2  
@burcuner

Which kind of form I need to use ? will be to infinitive/ will "bare verb"]

Did you mean "bare infinitive"?
If so, I would say that there is no structure "will be to infinitive". "Will be" supposes to go with V-ing, which is so-called future continuous. The Future Continuous tense express action at a particular moment in the future. The action will have started before that moment but it will not have finished at that moment. For example: I will be studying math at 8 am tomorrow.

Hence, will + bare infinitive is correct. However, it depends on the situation to use "will bare infinitive". It is to express beliefs about the present or future or to talk about what people want to do or are willing to do, so as to make promises, offers and requests.

@AnnaDao
Having a grammar mistake here...

I meant: "Will be" supposes is supposed to go with V-ing
cosmos1171 1 / 1  
@burcuner
Did you mean "bare infinitive"?
If so, I would say that there is no structure "will be to infinitive". "Will be" supposes to go with V-ing, which is so-called future continuous. The Future Continuous tense express action at a particular moment in the future. The action will have started before that moment but it will not have finished at that moment.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Which kind of form I need to use ? will be to infinitive/ will "bare verb"