Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 2

Plot analysis on "The story of an hour"

nursing1 1 / -  
i have to write a one page double space on a plot anaylsis on the story called " the story of an hour". i have to elaborated on the characters personality and climax. can you please revise and get back to me thanks!

Michelle Mongillo
Eng 201

In Kate Choplin story " The story of an Hour" represents a negative view of marriage. Every individual takes a different approach when enduring the loss of a loved one. Whether, it is bursting into tears or being miserable. When a wife loses her husband, she typically tends to be in a state of depression. The feeling of losing your significant other is a piercing agony going through one's heart, but in this case the feeling of lost can turn into someone's freedom.

For Louise Mallard she had an erratic reaction when she was informed that her husband has been allegedly killed in a train accident. She locks herself in her room and sits in front of the window in desolation. She begins to ponder how her life would be without her husband. The sorrow that Mrs. Mallard felt at the beginning; slowly turns into joy. "Free! Body and soul free!" (Chopin 40). She knew that she should grieve over her husband like a wife was supposed to do, but internally her new found independence takes over. Finally she gets to live for herself and do the things she had longed to accomplish. It is safe to say that she does not see this as a misfortune but as an opportunity, as if she were given another chance at life. Louise Mallard had been so close to being finally free but as it turned out Brently Mallard had not died. Ironically her sequence of emotions ultimately led to her death. The fact that she dies at the end of a simple "heart disease" shows that her misery stem from internally oppose to external emotions. The freedom that she nearly could of tasted was gone.
moon05 13 / 133 20  
The feeling of losing your significant other

one's

The freedom that she nearly could of tasted was gone.

Have

I think you should work on your First line

Home / Grammar, Usage / Plot analysis on "The story of an hour"