Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 5

Quote "we get older.." - how to cite it? Correct usage of "we."

fabxx 9 / 6  
Hey, i just registered on Essay Forum. And I would like to ask a question. I'm sorry if this is not in the right section but I do not know where.

I have this very interesting quote i jotted down because I loved it.

"But when we get older and gain a clearer consciousness of the world we live in, we are still presented with failures. We think these failures are harder than the bruises we got when we were young, but the failures are the same. We only think these failures are more important is because we have a better sense of the world around us, and know what we want. "

Is this from here? And if I want to use it, how should I use it? Do i put it in quotation and include the author's name? Thank you
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning.

I am not sure where you found this quote. You could try placing the quote in quotation marks in your internet search browser and see where it comes up. Once you have that address, you can use that location in your reference section.

If you wish to use it in complete, you will need to use quotation marks to enclose the entire phrase, and then cite it according to your required referencing style.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
7ljones - / 1  
Correct usage of "we."

What word can I replace with we, so that it does not sound as if I am speaking of myself and coauthors? For example, During the hiring process here at LST Pharmaceuticals, we hired inexperience workers who have little to no experience but we provide them with job training.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
In the sentence you offer as an example, it is perfectly evident that "we" means LST Pharmeaceuticals as an entity.
If you really want to avoid it, you could go with "the company." Also, simply adopting a more concise writing style would often avoid the issue altogether.

"During the hiring process here at LST Pharmaceuticals, the company hires inexperienced workers who have little to no experience but weand provides them with job training."

Home / Grammar, Usage / Quote "we get older.." - how to cite it? Correct usage of "we."