Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 3

retrieve their dignity / tantalizing - help me with these sentences?

quanny 9 / 36 2  
Are the bolded parts correct? I dunno if the usages are correct... but tantalizing seems a bit wrong.
"It was tantalizing to me, to sort out what really happened and to help them retrieve their dignity. But I also felt weighted."

And how should I condense the following sentences, or write them in a clearer, more objective way? Sorry I am not a native speaker...
"These fears made me feel shameful, but they also reminded me the reality."

"By tuning out the political context of XX, which would not tolerate civil disobedience, I dismissed the fact that the drivers infringed the law and disrupted public order."

And for this sentence, I don't know how to express my thoughts...What I intended to mean is that: the more I learn about the world, the more I understand, so I become more empowered, and can see more possibilities, so I can better help the ignorant to overcome their ignorance...But I need to express them in only one sentence...

This is my sentence: "The more I learn I about this world, the more I can help the ignorant."

Great thanks everyone!
Kondite - / 44 9  
I need context in order to revise your first sentence correctly but you can change the first sentence into active tense. " I tantalized to sort out... and was helped to retrieve their dignity..."
rianhawaiian 4 / 17  
"It was tantalizing to me. To sort out what really happened and to help them (WHO?) retrieve their dignity was ___________. But I also felt burdened by________."

"These fears shamed me, but they reminded me of _________."

Home / Grammar, Usage / retrieve their dignity / tantalizing - help me with these sentences?