Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 6

How to Run a Debate in English, rather than Malay.

kina 1 / -  
hye. i would like to know how to run a debate in english. i always involve in a malay debate but i've never involve in an english debate. how's the format? can you give me the example of a debate text especially the introduction? fyi, i'm the opposition leader. please, really need your help. tq!
I've never really participated in a formal debate, but I understand that the format usually involves a person on one team speaking for a set amount of time, then a person for the other team speaking, and so on, back and forth, until everyone has had their say. If you want more specific details, go to wikipedia and search for "Debate." That should give you a page that gives you an overview of most of the mainstream debate forms.
Yes, that is just about the best possible advice. Wiki is thorough. Also, you can read about recent debates at the organization/school where you will be doing it.
michaelfrye1970 9 / 21  
Try finding a debate on You Tube and watching it. Did you watch any of the election debates?
jerry 17 / 10  
Just run the debate the way you have done (in malay), as long as your English is good.
ttc1234 4 / 6  
i would try youtube, or google. Basically list out ur main points, also list out points that ur opposing team might be using---so u will have a comeback if they state one of those points. be prepared, and know ur agrument 100%--back it up with facts, and statistics.

Home / Grammar, Usage / How to Run a Debate in English, rather than Malay.