Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 5

Some sentence meaning questions

Jin 11 / 37  
1, Should the novelty of sleeping in a nicely appointed igloo wear off, you can always step outside and gaze up at the Aurora Borealis.

in this sentence, what is should mean?

2,fear not, what dose it mean?

thanks !!
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Jin, I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you are asking. Do you want to know what "fear not" and the longer first sentence mean?

"Fear not" means "do not be afraid."

The first sentence is presumably referring to visiting Alaska. It states that if you become tired of staying inside the igloo (a kind of ice house), you can step outside and look up at the stars in the Aurora Borealis.
OP Jin 11 / 37  
EF_Simone
yes, I was puzzled about the sentences when i read an article in TIME, here is the whole message.
thanks!!

Even Madonna and Guy Ritchie's bed isn't as cold as this. Some 60 miles northwest of Fairbanks sits the Aurora Ice Museum, an entire structure made from more than 1,000 tons of snow and ice inside which you can stay. Fear not. If you get cold during the night, there's a bar in there too. Should the novelty of sleeping in a nicely appointed igloo wear off, you can always step outside and gaze up at the Aurora Borealis. That experience is bound to make all your friends back home jealous - even after they find out you spent your nights on ice.

Rate: $575 per night.
neuromancer 3 / 7  
Fear not. If you get cold during the night, there's a bar in there too.

fear not in this sentence means "don't worry" can be used to mean don't be scared etc... so if you get cold you can go to the bar, this is where they sell alcohol drinks and when you drink them it makes you feel warm or maybe they sell hot chocolate also.

Should the novelty of sleeping in a nicely appointed igloo wear off, you can always step outside and gaze up at the Aurora Borealis.

so if you get tired or bored of being in the igloo you can go outside and enjoy the Aurora Borealis.
Hiruni 3 / 14 3  
Meaning of "Straight past"

Please can somebody tell me the meaning of this sentence.

"Tom seemed to be looking straight past me at the wall"

I also want to have a clear idea about "straight past"

Home / Grammar, Usage / Some sentence meaning questions