Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 6

Is using more tense in a writing good?

h7ngvn 1 / -  
What should I do in my writing? Using more tense in my writing is good?
Thaliak - / 16  
When you say "using more tense," do you mean "using words that show when something happened relative to now, such as will or have?" If so, the answer is yes as long as the tenses you use are accurate (e.g., you would use "I hiked five miles" for a hike in your past, "I will hike five miles" for a hike in your future, "I am hiking five miles" for a hike that is happening now, and "I have started hiking five miles" for a hike that started in the past and is still continuing). If that is not what you mean by tense, what do you mean?
asdasd 3 / 2  
Using variety of sentences shows your ability of writing. In addition, it is very boring for reader if you use just simple sentences such as present and past tense.
skaliskalle - / 1  
i like this site and i would like to learn and confiden my speaking with client.
Jeecee 5 / 19  
I think the question "using more tense in wrting" is not clear enough in a English speaking world.
I believe in order for people to provide you an answer, your quesion have to be understandable.
Otherwise, you might be given wrong advice or suggestions.
Keng 39 / 134  
Using tense does not mean that it is a good writing. It depends on objectives of your essay. If it is a narrative, you will use present or past simple. In arguementative essay, you can use either past or simple tenses to approve your thesis statement.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Is using more tense in a writing good?