Writing task 1: the percentage of male and female teachers in 6 types of educational setting (2010)

noname268 1 / -  

the bar chart analysis

The bar chart indicates the percentage of male and female teachers in six different types of educational setting in the UK in 2010.It shows what percentage of teachers were male and what percentage were female.

As we can see, at schools for children, the percentage of teachers were female - dominated. This was particularly true of pre - school and primary school. Whilst the percentage of male teachers in pre - school was under 5 per cent , that of female teachers was over 95 per cent. The same situation happened in primary school, where over 90 per cent of teachers were woman.

Men and woman were more equally represented in teaching institutions for older children and young adults.For instance, the percentage of male lecturers and that of female lecturers were both 50 per cent in College.

Men predominated in higher - level institutions. This was especially true for Universities , where males were twice as many as females.
In short,women were more likely to hold the role of teaching young children .Whilst men tended to teach in higher - level institutions,especially Universities.

In the summary, there is a mention of etypes but without proper listing of the 6 in relation to context. In relation to the content of the summary, the trending statement should come earlier in the paper since it makes an analytical summary of the data. It is misplaced at the end of the presentation.

That is not to say that one cannot present the trend at the very end. It may be done.However, for better scoring purposes, the writer must learn to identify when and where to properly place the said trend.

The paragraphs do not contain the s number of sentences per presentation. In academic writing, a paragraph needs at least 3 sentences. For this test, the standard is 3-5 sentences. Each paragraph written here only presents data but does not contain an acceptable analysis ofinformation due to lack of paragraph development. An additional sentence per paragraph would have fired that.

By the way, a single image reference needs only a 3 paragraph presentation. 4 paragraphs best apply to 2 image comparisons.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1: the percentage of male and female teachers in 6 types of educational setting (2010)