The table given illustrates the data about the underground railroad's networks in six locations

trongkhai 1 / -  

IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - UNDERGROUND RAILWAYS SYSTEMS

The table given illustrates the data about the underground railroad's networks in six distinct selected location in terms of their age, range, capacity.
Overall, it can be seen from the table that three older systems are larger and serve more passengers than their newer counterparts.
The London underground is the oldest system having be opened 1863 and also is the most in size with 394 kilometers of route, followed by the Paris underground with 199 kilometers. However, the former's range is twice as large as that of the latter, the latter transports a larger commuter capacity with 1191 million passengers. The third largest network is the Tokyo subway, while it carries the most passengers with 1927 million travelers.

Turning to three newer systems, the Washington DC system ranks first in size with 126 kilometers of route, compared to the Kyoto underground and the LA underground with 11 kilometers and 28 kilometers, respectively. Although being double the size of the LA underground, the Metro of Kyoto transports lower passengers than the metro of LA with 45 million people and 50 million people, accordingly.

Kindly remember that the task 1 essay is to be comprised of 3 paragraphs. It is not comprised of 2 paragraphs or 3 paragraphs with one paragraph connected to the previous one because you forgot to hit the Enter key to separate the presentations. Be aware of your presentation format. It has to be 3 paragraphs with 3-5 sentences each. Using this format, I cannot tell where the summary overview exists, there the trending statement was presented, and where the next paragraph began. Since you are scored on clarity of the presentation, make sure the examiner can easily spot the required paragraph segments for scoring. When you mention the capacity, you need to mention what the measurement representation for capacity was. That is all a part of the summary information. It is not to be neglected in the presentation.

Do not rush your information presentation. Try to clearly separate the information sentences per paragraph. Show your ability to use more than just a period and a comma to separate the presentations, which by the way, are veering into run-on sentence territory. You need to show that you are capable of creating informative sentences that can stand alone, rather than being consistently connected with one another. Just because the information relates to one another doesn't mean that these all have to be presented in a single sentence. Rather, it has to be clearly presented, per sentence.

Home / Writing Feedback / The table given illustrates the data about the underground railroad's networks in six locations