Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

An abroad trip for language training - a recommending letter.

nzx7jv 4 / 4  
TOPIC: A company is organizing an abroad trip for language training to a number limited place. Please write a letter:
  1. Express you want to join;
  2. Why you think you should join;
  3. Why the organizer should select you

(I was thinking "A company" refers that "I" should not be one of its employees, right?)
------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you so much for your time. My name is Mike Chang, and I am a free lance writer. I am writing this letter in recommending myself to take part in the language training program that you organized.

From the program introduction on the web, I learned that the training courses will be held in China, including Beijing and Shanghai, where your team have never been to, and you were looking for someone who can teach English and also knew the place well.

In this case, I can see no one fits this job better than me. As a Chinese who was born and raised in Shanghai, but also have worked in Beijing for two years, I know both cities well. Moreover, I have been living in XXX for 6 years writing journals for newspapers, which makes me confident on my English skills. Also I intended to go back to China next month, to see my family and friends, as well as doing some reseach in recent development in China. Your program is a great opportunity for me to achieve both, thanks to the teaching work, I can talk to students from various fields. I am sure this will be a fantastic experience for me.

Besides, I can certainly bring some delight to the team, as I can plan a local tour as our lesure activity. Also, if you need, I can contact my friends in media and bring more influence to our program by putting up local advertisements. Most of all, I ask for no other payments besides my round trip tickets, and I am willing to stay with my family and friends' place which is right beside our hotels, which will definitely limit your cost.

Anyway, please consider my request and I am sure you won't regret it. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Mike
-----------------------

Thanks for your valuable advice!
yoyolo 5 / 13  
Oh, you are doing the general tranning text rather than academic.
I found this Task 2 topic on the web is difficult to answer too. Do you have another ideas?
OP nzx7jv 4 / 4  
Yes I am. Could you help?

Good question. I don'[t know... it's kind of unclear. I guess you can write as an employee or as someone interested in the program for other reasons. Either way is alright. The important thing to do is have a great message or theme.

Freelance is 1 word.

You should revise the end of the first paragraph so that it plants some interesting, intriguing idea in the reader's mind.

makes me confident in my...

English skills. Also I intended intend to go back to China next month to see my family and...

You did a good job with this, but what is your theme? I don't mean the essay's theme; I mean YOUR theme. What is it that drives you to achieve your goals? Give the reader a glimpse of your personality. :-)

Home / Letters / An abroad trip for language training - a recommending letter.