Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Academic (LOR) Letter of recommendation for MS in Civil Engineering

Ahmed Aborai 1 / -  

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION

Hi all! I am applying for a master's degree in civil engineering in Japan . This is a recommendation letter's introduction my undergraduate professor wrote for me. Hope that some could help review it.

Dear scholarship committee,
I am pleased and honored to recommend Mr. Ahmed Aborai for admission to this scholarship to study Masters in Civil Engineering.I have known Mr. Ahmed Aborai in my capacity as his professor at Karary University for over two years now, during which, I taught him the courses of "Hydrology" and "Hydraulics" in the fourth academic year and the course of" Design of Hydraulic Structures" in the fifth academic year.
It is good but could be more informative. The first paragraph is taken as the opportunity for the recommendee to introduce himself as an authority to the reviewer. He must lay out his credentials as a professional to give credence to his observations of you as a student and potential professional. His years active as a teacher, and the length of time he has known you must be indicated clearly in the introduction. As he is a previous contact of yours, he must also explain how he has remained in contact with you all these years to help explain why he can still be considered an authority when it comes to recommending you. Remember, the gap between your last contact with him and his recommendation cannot be more than 5 years. The opening paragraph can be modified to suit these requirements.

Home / Letters / Academic (LOR) Letter of recommendation for MS in Civil Engineering