Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

[Appeal letter] pursuing an education in the social sciences - for NUS FASS

tayoreos 1 / 1  
Hi :)

Recently, I received a letter which stated that I did not get into the course that I had wanted, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS, for short) in NUS. Thus, I am hoping that I'll be able to get some advice on how to improve my appeal letter. Also, I have a slight problem of meeting the 1000 character limit set (I prolly will need to cut it down by a tenth)

Thanks in advance!

(letter start)
Thank you for gracing my appeal.

I would like to be reconsidered for admission into the FASS.

It was only in my JC
(junior college) years that I found myself looking forward to lessons, namely GP (general paper) and Economics. During those lessons, what really appealed to me was the fact that whatever we studied were issues close to my heart, an element only present in the study of social sciences. It was meaningful because we were finally looking at issues more pertinent to daily life, like politics, ethics and the economy. For the first time, lessons were enjoyable. For the first time, lessons made sense. For the first time, I was enriched. -> [is this part too dramatic?]

Hence, I am sure that pursuing an education in the social sciences would be ideal for me.

Furthermore, I aspire to become an Economics teacher; partly interest, but more importantly, to serve my community. To do so, I would require a quality education in that field; something that I believe only the FASS will be able to provide.

As such, I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly reconsider your decision and grace me with the opportunity to pursue an education in the FASS. If I were to be accepted, I am sure that I will be able to do well; and that my past grades are no indicators of my future performance in NUS.

Please reconsider.

(letter end)
Good introduction; clear, simple, grateful and honest...
[is this part too dramatic?]...I don't believe so and I think the truth is more commendable and enticing coming from a student; especially in a letter of appeal, rather than sugar-coating

Furthermore, I aspire to become an Economics teacher not only because of my interest in this profession but more importantly, to serve my community.
As such , I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly reconsider granting me the opportunity to pursue an education in the FASS. I am quite confident that my present determination, passion and hope for fulfilling my bright future will far outweigh any short-comings from my past. This opportunity would be the path to the life of my dreams

I humbly thank you for your consideration and time,
Sincerely,
OP tayoreos 1 / 1  
I love how the line 'This opportunity would be the path to the life of my dreams' sounds!

Thanks so much! ^^ gonna go make the changes now :D

Home / Letters / [Appeal letter] pursuing an education in the social sciences - for NUS FASS