Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Application letter for the Teaching Assistant position - Vietnam USA Society English Centers

van94 3 / 7 1  
Please help me revise my letter, thank you.

Cover letter for a Teaching Assistant position

Dear VUS,

I am writing to apply for the open Teaching Assistant position as recruiting on the vus.edu.vn website. I am currently a graduate high school student, which can really help with building good relationships with children. It will be a great pleasure for me to offer my candidacy for this job.

During my four years of Scouting, I had participated and organized seven camps, led the girl guides team to become the champion twice (as the team leader), 3 times supported the team won second and third prizes. With three years of leading a group of girls at my age and below, I discovered my love of working with children and the ability to manage groups of pupils. Additionally, I also had a couple of organizational experiences while creating activities for the camps.

While pursuing my education, I had participated in several school and class projects as a designer which helped with my artistic and computer skills. Recently, I received an 8.5 in drawing on the Ho Chi Minh University of Architecture Talent Examination. I think I could put these skills to great use when putting together classroom displays.

Growing up, I had the opportunity to develop my communication skills in English very early since I went to the International Primary School, where I was mostly taught in English. In my secondary school years, I attended the Cambridge program held by EMG Education and continued developing my communication skills as well as Mathematics and Science in English.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Van Nguyen
Van, you need to make this letter more informative in a manner that allows it become more effective in highlighting your skills. Use bullet points to highlight your talents with children rather than the paragraph format. The reviewer will be interested in getting to your job qualifications first and foremost. He will not have a keen interest in reading your explanations unless he sees that the outline provides him with information relevant to the job coming from you. Remember, your detailed description should come from your resume. It should not be in the cover letter. This cover letter / application letter should only call the attention of the reader to your most relevant and applicable qualifications which may interest him enough to consider the rest of your application for consideration. Right now, the letter requires the reader to sift through too much unnecessary text. Try to make the best bullet point format for the letter instead. This should be completed within 2 paragraphs and one bullet listing like:

1. Opening statement
2. List of related qualifications
3. Closing statement

That is short, sweet, and informative. That should do the trick for your application letter.
OP van94 3 / 7 1  
Thank you

Home / Letters / Application letter for the Teaching Assistant position - Vietnam USA Society English Centers