Home / Letters   % width NEW!

Business letter to your gift shopkeeper supplier

iCan 8 / 3  
You are a gift shopkeeper. Write a letter to your supplier, to let him know that you won't need the merchandise you have ordered. Explain your situation and suggest a solution.

Begin your letter as follows: Dear ___________,

Dear Mr. Wales
I am an employee of Forever Memories Store. I am writing to cancel my order for fifty boxes of dove figurines.
Last month, I made an order for several boxes of dove-shaped figurines to your store, and I was glad with your efficient service. Those figurines were supposed to be used for the wedding souvenirs of our customer. However, I have received a call from her yesterday telling me to cancel her order for the reason that their wedding is not likely to take place. Thus, we do not have to produce dove wedding souvenirs anymore, so we no longer need materials for it; that includes those fifty boxes of dove figurines I ordered from your store.

I would like to ask you to refund the down payment I made. Because of the inconvenience this has caused you, you may deduct 5% of value from the original amount I paid. Kindly reply to this letter, so we could settle the matter.

I truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I never expected such circumstance to happen. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Miss Ican Diss

Home / Letters / Business letter to your gift shopkeeper supplier