Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Canada Visit - Reply a friend's invitation.

thunga251090 2 / 2  

Flying to Canada

Dear Robin,

I'm so excited about receiving your letter and of course, thank you for inviting me. Flying to Canada for sports camp with you is driving me crazy. Having say that, I have just experienced a hectic period of final tests in this semester and I'm fed up with staying at home without doing nothing so I only wish to be in your place right away.

I would prefer sleeping in tents to staying in rooms, certainly, that's a camp. I would imagine that we would have some amazing nights talking about our lives these days. It's so much fun.

Moreover, after my previous exam, I had some time with my grandma, therefore I was taught some new cuisine. I'm fanatical about cooking as you know. It will make you surprise due to the flavor of my own promising dish with her secret recipe.

By the way, my relatives are extremely mad about Canadian fashion. I reckon we should drop by sever shops so that I can buy some clothes as souvenirs. The other parts of the plan will be arranged later.

I'm looking forward to seeing you.
Best wishes,
Jane
Dang, your letter should be better developed than this. All of your paragraphs are too short and do not really contain developed discussions. Since this is a letter replying to a friend's invitation, there should be more elements represented such as how you imagine what it would be like to sleep in tents, cooking at the campfire, and shopping. Clarify points such as what you plan to do upon arrival at your friend's house (prior to attending camp) such as shopping. Make some definite plans to further enjoy the visit before, during, and after camp. Keep an eye out for your grammar use as well. I am sure you meant to say "several" and not "sever". When you say other plans can be arranged later, make mention of what these possible plans might be. Overall, the letter is really mechanical in nature because of the obvious way that you delivered the prompt requirements. There is a lack of personal connection between you and the person you are addressing, which makes the letter less friendly and more professional in approach. Perhaps you can score a 5 with this essay but no more than that.

Home / Letters / Canada Visit - Reply a friend's invitation.