Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

To complete their proposed program, what further development does the applicant require?

A8bbas 1 / 1  

Referral for an Australian Endeavour Scholarship

I am applying for Endeavour Scholarship

I asked one of my professors to complete the referee letter. He is unsure how to answer the below question:

In order to successfully complete their proposed program, what further development does the applicant require (maximum 300 words).

I wonder if you could help me and tell me your opinion about the below potential answer:

I think the proposed program will help him become a good researcher in the area of environmental management. Although Abbas has good research skills, he has some limitations in publishing his work. However, studying in a high-quality environment will give him opportunities to overcome his limitations.
Abbas, your referees response is all over the place and does not really respond to the question being asked. The question is asking for your weaknesses as a student. What are these weaknesses, how does it affect your performance? Why does the professor believe that you need to develop these aspects further? Will this weakness prevent you from performing at your best as a scholar?

So there is no "I think" in the response, only "Abbas has show a weakness when it comes to..." The inability to publish your research work is not the problem of the university and does not have a relation to your performance as a student so it should not be referred to as an academic weakness in this response. The research work limitations on your part could affect your performance as a student so that could be one of the points for improvement or development that can be referred to as one of the possible responses to the question.
OP A8bbas 1 / 1  
Many thanks for you answer, it was really helpful.

Home / Letters / To complete their proposed program, what further development does the applicant require?