Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Computer Science programme - Stipendium Hungaricum Motivation Letter

ahsbrrr 1 / 1  
This is my first try at writing a motivation letter. I'm trying to answer everything they asked to the best of my ability. Please, somebody, review it and comment on the parts that I can improve on. Cheers!

MY ESSAY - letter of motivation

Growing up I believed I am better than most and can achieve things with minimum or no effort and that explains my low grades in intermediate. However, sooner than later, I realized that hard work is necessary to get desired results. Adjacent to it, I also found my passion and was determined to do bachelor's in computer science. Even though I had low scores, fortunately, I got admitted into the program.

Because it is my passion it did not feel like I was "working", I enjoyed my studies throughout my under-graduation program. I am still curious and eager to learn more. Stipendium Hungaricum is a great opportunity to explore more about my passion. I want to put in all the hard yards to turn my passion into my profession in a way that would benefit others. I think Stipendium Hungaricum provides feasible way to travel abroad and study for students who cannot cover all financial costs on their own, a platform from where I would be able to look at my curriculum from a different dimension, polish my skills and excel in my area of interest.

The first MSc Computer Science programme that I chose is at University of Szeged, their course put into viewpoint the significance and pertinence of Computer Science and Mathematics. I look forward to deeply understand how the two fields complement each other and when I am back to my hometown, I can influence people and ignite some passion in them for mathematics. People there are not fond of mathematics and beside being passionate about computer science, they do not choose it. They do not understand the importance of mathematics carry in computer science. The other program I opted for is at Eötvös Loránd University, I aim to do specialization in Cyber Security. Pakistan has to go a long way when it comes to cyber security. IT companies here do not take cyber security seriously, just a handful of trained people and companies that have a information security department exists.

I have always wanted to travel to Europe, because its varied cultural and historical values stands-out. More specifically, Hungary, as it offers lots of professional development and some of the best ranked universities around the globe. My research on the internet has inclined me that Hungarian universities place emphasis on analytical and technical skills, challenging coursework, and great facilities to compliment them. I would love to witness some of that myself.

However, I'm excited, I try not to get oblivious from the fact that travelling away from home, specially to a foreign country is formidable. Transitioning to a different study environment can be stressful, but with determination and devotedness it can be conquered. I can overcome the hurdles by organizing timetable or a to-do list to avoid getting stuck later. I suppose interaction with other people would not be the easiest thing either, I have learned natives use Hungarian as a communication medium and I realize I would have to make myself comfortable with the language enough to be cable of making basic interaction with the people. Although it is a big challenge to face the cultural difference that I would go through, I do understand the importance of making efforts to be familiar with local cultural norms, while I adjust in the new country. The atmosphere, the people, the working environment will be different, but that is why we come abroad for "The change".
Your essay is too generalized in approach. This essay needs to be more specific and longer due to the prompt questions provided. You are simplifying the discussion too much. Due to the abridged presentation, there are no longer any actual academic discussions, academic accomplishments, professional background, professional accomplishments, national project considerations in your presentation. The essay does not respond appropriately to the written interview requirements. In terms of assessment, your essay does not give any strength to your application. You fail to present a conviction based essay that would present you as a worthy candidate for such an important scholarship. This is almost similar to a generic personal statement rather than the letter of motivation that it is required to be. Revise the essay. Respond to each question provided. Be clear, be specific, be impressive. Do not be afraid to stand up for yourself to create a stronger and more notable character in this written interview.
OP ahsbrrr 1 / 1  
@Holt@Holt

According to your directions, I've made a few changes to my essay. I'd be glad if you could revise it.

Essay 2.0

Growing up I believed I am better than most and can achieve things with minimum or no effort and that explains my low grades in intermediate. However, sooner than later, I realized the significance of hard work plays in an individual's life. Adjacent to it, I also found my passion and was determined to do bachelor's in computer science. Even though I had low scores, fortunately, I got admitted into the program. Because it is my passion it did not feel like I was "working", and I got a 3.74 GPA.

Based on my passion, backed up by my strong academic background in Computer Science, I aspire to continue my studies in a master's degree program. Besides my own curiosity, a master's program is also important for my professional goals i.e., lecturer and researcher in a university. Computers have fascinated me since as long as I could remember and that ultimately led me to make it my academic career. Whilst my undergraduate studies, I have been teaching mathematics as a private tutor and helping colleagues with the course studies, mostly programming. This has helped me understand subjects better and gave the sense to expand the awareness of others.

I also reached several companies in my hometown and worked twice as an intern to improve programming skills and to gain some experience of a professional environment. Along with them, I developed web applications for several government bodies. After my internship, I was offered a job at "MavenSol" but due to my academic obligations and different career goals, I could not take it.

I am much eager to adopt and know new technologies. I am really enthusiastic to attend a Master of Computer Science because in order to be a lecturer it is required to understand different concepts of Computer Science. As a result, I decided to enroll into an overseas school, where I would gather enough skills to become a lecturer and influence my students. Stipendium Hungaricum provides a feasible way to travel abroad and to look at my curriculum from a broader dimension, polish my skills and excel in my area of interest.

The first MSc Computer Science programme that I chose is at the University of Szeged, their course put into viewpoint the significance and pertinence of Computer Science and Mathematics. I look forward to deeply understanding how the two fields complement each other and when I am back to my hometown, I can influence people and ignite some passion in them for mathematics. People, there are not fond of mathematics and besides being passionate about computer science, they do not choose it. They do not understand the importance of mathematics carry in computer science. The other program I opted for is at Eötvös Loránd University, I aim to do a specialization in Cyber Security. Pakistan has to go a long way when it comes to cyber security. IT companies here do not take cyber security seriously, just a handful of trained people and companies that have an information security department exists.

I have always wanted to travel to Europe because its varied cultural and historical values stands-out. More specifically, Hungary, as it offers lots of professional development and some of the best-ranked universities around the globe. My research on the internet has inclined me that Hungarian universities place emphasis on analytical and technical skills, challenging coursework, and great facilities to complement them. I would love to witness some of that myself.

However, I'm excited, I try not to get oblivious to the fact that traveling away from home, especially to a foreign country is formidable. Transitioning to a different study environment can be stressful, but with determination and devotedness, it can be conquered. I can overcome the hurdles by organizing timetable or a to-do list to avoid getting stuck later. I suppose interaction with other people would not be the easiest thing either, I have learned natives use Hungarian as a communication medium and I realize I would have to make myself comfortable with the language enough to be cable of making basic interaction with the people. Although it is a big challenge to face the cultural difference that I would go through, I do understand the importance of making efforts to be familiar with local cultural norms, while I adjust in the new country. The atmosphere, the people, the working environment will be different, but that is why we come abroad for "The change".

Finally, I am overly determined to make the most out of the scholarship benefits. I am ready and willing to devote myself and optimize every experience offered to me in the program. I am also confident that enrolling in your program would not only empower my career development but would also provide me with a framework to utilize my full potential. This being the case, I would sincerely appreciate if chosen to enroll in your scholarship program since this would bring me a step closer to achieving my goals.

Home / Letters / Computer Science programme - Stipendium Hungaricum Motivation Letter