Home / Letters   % width Posts: 5

I have confirmed my belief about my career - Cover letter for English language proficiency

ayshaa19 1 / 2  
i wrote this letter as cover letter for English language proficiency. it would be much thankful if you correct the spellings and grammar.
and give me some suggestions to make this better letter.

My address

Date

Address of the university

To Whom it may concern it,

Letter For English proficiency

It is with great pleasure that I submit my application for bachelor degree in xx(Priority one) at the xx.

I Have done my G.C.E Advanced Level in BIO stream. After that I followed all the courses related to Business Management during an "Insight" course which I attended after my Advanced Level at City of London Academy. Since then, the discussion with my careers adviser and my own research have confirmed my belief that this is a career which will enable me to use not only my interest in Human welfare, but also my skills with the ability to carry out investigations in a responsible and safe manner. Therefore, I Thought it is not too late to initiate my desired career.

Even though my mother tongue is not English I learned English from my Grade three. I have got "A" in G.C.E Ordinary level and advanced level. After I finished my Advanced level I followed plenty of English courses. At the same time I studied BCS in IT which is conducted in English. Later, I went to the United Kingdom for my further studies and I followed HND in Business management (Level Five) at the city of London Academy. Obviously conducted in English medium. While I study I worked in an "off license" shop as cashier.

In 2013, I have been employed with First source Lanka private limited for about 12 months. And now I am working at xxx Italia srl as sales agent. As a professional interacting with a range of clients located in united Kingdom and United States of America. Therefore, I consider myself to have a high level of proficiency in both spoken and written English.

I will be able to attend an interview with the admission office staff to confirm my language skills.

Thank you
yours sincerely
Since you are applying for a certification in English Language Proficiency, you should be presenting evidence in the letter related solely to your academic accomplishments that will prove that you are worthy of receiving the certification. Your current letter is too cluttered with grammatical errors to allow you to be considered for graduation. You are supposed to be presenting this to the university where you are studying English right? I don't understand what the other experiences you related in the letters offer in terms of your application then. How do these experiences relate to your desire for an English proficiency certification? If these experiences are not academically sanctioned, why mention them at all? You should concentrate on your academic accomplishments if any instead since those will be the main consideration for your academic accomplishments towards getting a degree.
OP ayshaa19 1 / 2  
Actually, I am applying for a bachelor's degree in International Development and Environment Studies to university of life sciences in Norway. The university required IELTS for the English proficiency. as I studied in UK I thought to write a letter instead of taking the IELTS. because the GSU list says that Completed one year at university in an English-speaking country (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA), provided that the language of instruction was English. so that I just wanted a written letter with my certificates.
The problem is that your English writing proficiency is not where it should be in order to be accepted by the university. Using this letter will weaken your chances of being accepted into the university due to the problematic grammar. My advice, would be to take the IELTS instead so that you will have ample time to truly study and polish your English language skills in the British English format. Don't take the short cut because the short cut will not serve to benefit your application. If we revise the letter for you, it will become polished but will not help you should you get into the university because your British English skills are sorely lacking. I would hate for you to have a difficult time in the university because of that. Prepare the correct way and then apply for admission to the university, you will be better off that way. Sometimes, shortcuts, although present, are not the best route to take. Specially in instances of the utmost importance such as education and career advancement.
OP ayshaa19 1 / 2  
I can understand the situation.but,the thing is dead line for the application is 1st of February.(if i missed this supposed to wait for a year).it is not enough time to take the IELTS.thats why I thaught to write a letter.(i did IELTS in 2012 unfortuntely its expired last september.)

Thank you so much for sharing this.its really worth it...!!

Home / Letters / I have confirmed my belief about my career - Cover letter for English language proficiency